top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to find all your debts and judgements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to find all your debts and judgements?

Hello,

I am filing soon and need to prepare all my debts for the lawyer. Whats the best place to find all my debts? My credit report? Will they all be on there?

I have maybe 30 cards I'm in debt too and about 30 for 2 businesses.

I just do not want to miss anything.

Thanks everyone!
    May your ups and downs be in bed.

Originally posted by ronniej View Post
    Whats the best place to find all my debts? My credit report? Will they all be on there?

Yep. It would also help if you have actual statements from the creditors. It doesn't matter how old the statements are, they're still acceptable. Remember to also include collection agencies (if there are any) along with the actual creditors. Try to get a free credit report online at www.annualcreditreport.com. You'll still need to make sure you have everything. Double check your credit report against the cards you have to make sure everything is there. Good luck!
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Thank you!

The problem is all my debt is over 2 years old and just started throwing away statement last year when I gave up. so I do not have the cards or barley any statements. I threw away judgments and bills and now I need them. I just ordered a full tri report from Euqifax, I'm hoping its all on there, I see a lot but do not want to miss any.
      May your ups and downs be in bed.

Comment

Thanks, this is good info

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
        Yep. It would also help if you have actual statements from the creditors. It doesn't matter how old the statements are, they're still acceptable. Remember to also include collection agencies (if there are any) along with the actual creditors. Try to get a free credit report online at www.annualcreditreport.com. You'll still need to make sure you have everything. Double check your credit report against the cards you have to make sure everything is there. Good luck!
        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by ronniej View Post
          Thank you!

The problem is all my debt is over 2 years old and just started throwing away statement last year when I gave up. so I do not have the cards or barley any statements. I threw away judgments and bills and now I need them. I just ordered a full tri report from Euqifax, I'm hoping its all on there, I see a lot but do not want to miss any.

You can go to your local county court to get copies of your judgments. Call them and ask if people are served with consumer credit judgments through their court. I know my one judgment that I have is from my local county court.
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Hi all,

word of caution: cc companies don't like to unearth files they have deep filed. And they charge mightily for the honor. BUT.....ask them. Not as a BK person, but someone trying to do something about their debt. Tell them you need the final [x months] Ask nice on a warm sunny day that is not under the full moon. ....you get the idea....

The collection agencies usually won't have anything execpt the total amount, how late it is, and how much interest they can put on it.

If the cc companies don't want to help out, get your lawyer to request the records as a "discovery" required by law.

Remember that medical accts are not allowed on your credit report; be sure to include these

Tom in Colo

ps: if you forget a creditor in the listing, the debt is still discharged most courts have ruled. You just sent the BK notice w/ case # and file date after the fact.

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X