top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 days post 341 meeting and still waiting for discharge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 days post 341 meeting and still waiting for discharge.

Hi

Great Forum!
    My chapter 7 case is about 20 post days 341 meeting and still waiting for discharge. In my district it looks like it takes about 4 months from date of filing until date of discharge from what I've seen on Pacer.
    I want to file a motion in Family Court to reduce the amount of child support that I pay. Hopefully I can reduce it $450 a month. What are your opinions on the timing? You think I should wait until I receive a discharge to file a motion to reduce child support? That motion could take a month to go before a court commisioner. And the reduction of child support would take affect at the first of the following month.

Anyone know of a good divorce forum?

Thanks.

You are expecting discharge of a bankruptcy 20 days after your 341? You must be joking. At least I hope you are.

If your case is a simple, no problem Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will wait out the full 60 days after your 341 meeting, that your creditors have to file an objection to your attempt to dicharge their debt. If there are no problems, you may be discharged on day 61. But as more people are having to file bk, the courts are becoming clogged, and you are going to be at the mercy of your local court system.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hi ksmd,

You used your current child support amount on the BK forms, right? Best to wait until the case closes....

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Hello,

I'm sorry it was late and I was tired when I posted my original post. I meant to say 20 days post the 60 days post the 341 meeting. Or I could have said that I filed at the end of June and my 341 meeting was at the end of July and that it has been 80 days since my 341 meeting and I am still waiting for discharge. Looking to modify child support...you think I should wait for discharge or wait for case close?

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry for the title of this thread I meant to say 20 days have passed since the deadline for objections (60 days past the 341 meeting). If I knew how to edit the title of my original post I would correct it.

This Forum is the Best.

Anyone know of a good divorce forum?

Thanks

Comment

We were more than 100 days post 341. Just depends on your districts. The Clerks are in overwhelm.
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I don't see any reason not to go get your support reduced ASAP. The deadline for the UST to object has passed along with the deadline for creditors. (I'm assuming your filing was accurate as of the filing date. Also that no one asked the court to have the deadline(s) extended--something you'd see on Pacer at a minimum.)

I've been through divorce, child custody, and now bankruptcy myself... but each of them separately. As much as bankruptcy has been hell, it was definitely the easiest of the three. I wish you well.
              12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
              8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
              9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

I agree with you one hundred percent. Bankruptcy is definitely the easiest of the three. I would much rather deal with a trustee (not that I had to, other than the interim trustee at the 341 meeting) than an ex... At least the trustee goes away...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X