top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 Upcoming - Trustee Request - Is this normal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Upcoming - Trustee Request - Is this normal???

My 341 meeting is set for 11-10.

I am a no-asset case, but am over the median income for my state.

My Means Test shows about $100 in negative income, and my Schedule J is showing over $3,000 in negative income.

So far, my Trustee has sent only one letter requesting I bring the following items the day of the 341:

1. Copy of 2009 tax returns
    2. Driver's license
    3. Proof of social security number (I have my card.)

I found out they do not want the tax returns emailed because "they do not make any money of Chapter 7 - No Asset cases and would rather not incur the printing costs."

Is this likely all that they will want?

I am armed to the teeth with expense receipts, bank statements, etc. if required.
    Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

Hey gman,

My trustee asked for only the standard tax returns and couple of pay stubs, and bank statements. All was asked for in advance and was submitted electronically. Trustee just perused through his laptop during our 341, no extra questions, no extra documents. Remember we are also over median, no-asset with both means test and J positive, although not positive enough. So yes, although I was also armed to the teeth, nothing extra was requested. Sometimes the cases really are that black and white.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

It is usually the US trustee and not the panel trustee that will ask for extra documentation. Every district and every trustee is different as to what they need at the 341. Typically they will ask for 6 months to a year of bank statements as well. Your lawyer will have sent them a bunch of stuff too, so that may be why they are not asking for more. In any case, the trustee asking for less documentation is a good sign.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Just remember to take that copious stack of stuff (returns, receipts, bank statements) with you to the 341 meeting. If you have it there, and produce it if asked, it tends to make the process smoother.

John
        Filed Chapter 13 pro se: 9/30/2008, 341 Meeting: 11/15/2008, Plan Approved: 1/6/2009, 100% of all claims paid: 10/19/2010. Trustee closed case: 11/5/10 DISCHARGED: 11/18/10

Comment

yes, g....both joe and bts experiences i think best reflect what to expect.

we supplied way more than asked for...even our atty didn't want to submit it but we insisted...which was good because of the complex issues we had. the trustee's office LOVED the fact we did the overkill...however, still we were not ask for anything over 6 months although i supplied 3 YEARS...LOL!! (i wanted the trustee's office to see how we lost income so drastically over that time period), which lead to our filing and situation.

but you have nothing to worry about...
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Actually - just re-read my letter I received and it was from the Bankruptcy Court and not from the Trustee who was assigned.

So - I guess this is a "form letter" that has the basic minimum that EVERYONE needs to bring to court.

In any case - I filed Oct 4 and have not received anything from my Trustee directly.

Perhaps with it being a no-asset case and the fact that "they make nothing on these" I won't hear a peep from them?

341 is 3 weeks from today.
            Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

Comment

When I had my 341 meeting, the trustee had me bring my social security card, and past two years tax returns, 3 months bank statements, and drivers license. When I went up I handed them everything and his assistant was looking over bank statements while he was asking questions. When I got finished they thanked me and handed everything back. It was very easy, 5 minutes tops. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
                Actually - just re-read my letter I received and it was from the Bankruptcy Court and not from the Trustee who was assigned.

So - I guess this is a "form letter" that has the basic minimum that EVERYONE needs to bring to court.

In any case - I filed Oct 4 and have not received anything from my Trustee directly.

Perhaps with it being a no-asset case and the fact that "they make nothing on these" I won't hear a peep from them?

yes, g....and LET's not draw any attention now...LOL!!! i know we are going have to tie you to your seat and duck tape your fingers....
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                  yes, g....and LET's not draw any attention now...LOL!!! i know we are going have to tie you to your seat and duck tape your fingers....
                  As the sign says during the trailers before a movie

SILENCE IS GOLDEN

Comment

As the sign says during the trailers before a movie

SILENCE IS GOLDEN
                    LOL!!! i'm sure it is...we don't really know that expression in this house...(i'm sure some of wish we would)....but it's best just to lay low and be one of the cattle.

Comment

You will most likely hear from your trustee one week or so before your 341 as to what he/she expects you to bring. I heard from my trustee a week before my 341. He sent a form letter to my lawyer as to what he required in regards to documentation.
                      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X