Justifying my Schedule J expenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justifying my Schedule J expenses

Another day, another schedule J question.

As some of you may remember from previous posts, I don't currently have health/life/dental insurance, but am planning on adding them shortly after I file. I understand I can list these on Schedule J. My question is this: if the UST objects, is a price quote from the insurer going to be sufficient evidence for him, or will I need to have an actual bill? I'm filing in November, the plan is to get health ins. in December and the life and dental in January, so obviously I won't have an actual bill during the 60-day window when the UST can object. So, what do you think? If an objection comes up, is the price quote going to be enough?
    This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

I asked the same question to my attorney since I did not have health insurance. His answer was as long as I had the obligation established prior to the 341. Obligation does not mean the bill itself but can be a copy of your signed application for insurance, along with your insurance card or acceptance letter detailing your monthly premium. As with anything, ymmv, and a lot of trustee discretion goes into this. Some are ok with you "planning" on getting it shortly thereafter. If UST gets involved though, I would assume you would have to prove the expense.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X