top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 341. What should/shouldn't I do????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 341. What should/shouldn't I do????

Hi All,

I had my 341 today and it went great! So I guess now I'm in the 60 day club!

Just curious as to what is safe to do and what isn't safe to do? Can I keep money in the bank now without fear of someone (creditor) trying to take it? Can I start to save money? Is that limited at this time? Can I have a garage sale? Do I still need to worry about buying something for more than $500?

And if anyone out there knows the answer to this I would be very appreciative.... a few days ago my attorney got a document from BestBuy that asked if I wanted to settle or surrender. I chose to surrender and signed it with my phone number. If they come calling can I tell them to take a hike since they weren't at the 341? Does anyone know if they EVER really come get the stuff?

Thanks for all of your help! I will be so glad t have this part of my life in the past!

Congrats on the 341, and (I can finally say this) welcome to the 60 day club!
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thank you! Congrats to you too!

Comment

Originally posted by Justpoor View Post
        Hi All,

I had my 341 today and it went great! So I guess now I'm in the 60 day club!

Just curious as to what is safe to do and what isn't safe to do? Can I keep money in the bank now without fear of someone (creditor) trying to take it? Can I start to save money? Is that limited at this time? Can I have a garage sale? Do I still need to worry about buying something for more than $500?

And if anyone out there knows the answer to this I would be very appreciative.... a few days ago my attorney got a document from BestBuy that asked if I wanted to settle or surrender. I chose to surrender and signed it with my phone number. If they come calling can I tell them to take a hike since they weren't at the 341? Does anyone know if they EVER really come get the stuff?

Thanks for all of your help! I will be so glad t have this part of my life in the past!
        Creditors can't touch your bank account, in fact, they couldn't legally touch it from the moment you filed. Don't even worry about that. As for Best Buy, they didn't have to go to the 341 to give you a headache :-) They have a secured interest in whatever you purchased, but it's good you told them to take a hike. From everything I've read they have yet to come to someones house to demand an item back. They are more interested in getting that small percentage of people to pay a ransom for their items.
        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Thank you so much Newbie2. That was very helpful. I haven't read anything about Best Buy actually coming for the stuff either. I could care less if they take the TV but my 16 year old son would die!

Comment

Congrats on your 341 justpoor. Don't worry about Best Buy, if they ever call tell them to come get the darned thing that the dog peed on or something along those lines. Bodily fluids work wonders.
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
            AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Hi JustPoor,

Best Buy is notorious for putting the squeeze on debtors to get them to cough up some cash. Ignore them and they will go away.

Congratulations on the smooth 341, heres to a smooth 60 days....

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Congrats on your smooth 341!
                Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Congratulations! I hope to join that 60 day club myself one of these days!
                  Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

The personal property you had when you filed is still part of the bankruptcy estate & will be until the trustee abandons them and your case officially closes. I don't know what could happen if you had a garage sale and disposed of something, but it might not hurt to postpone the sale until you're truly in the clear. Almost there.
                    There are two secrets for success in life:
                    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

The 341 itself has no meaning except for starting the 60 day clock (congrats!)

Has your Trustee filed a report of non-distribution? When I got mine, my attorney told me I was free to do whatever I liked with my assets. But before that, it all belongs to the bk estate, even stuff that's exempt.

As for savings, if you can, save early and often... anything earned post filing is yours.
                      12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
                      8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
                      9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

justpoor...it's a personal decision whether you want to start "keeping" money in the bank. personally, we are still a bit nervous and use both our banks on an "in" and "out" basis...for bill paying only...and some left for debt card expenditures.

it's funny how we become so leery about such simple things...like keeping money in the bank!!! only you can decide on what your comfortable with...bank..or mattress! LOL!!!
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

This is the single most important thing to do post-BK
                          As for savings, if you can, save early and often... anything earned post filing is yours.

Originally posted by keptdigging View Post
                          The 341 itself has no meaning except for starting the 60 day clock (congrats!)

Has your Trustee filed a report of non-distribution? When I got mine, my attorney told me I was free to do whatever I liked with my assets. But before that, it all belongs to the bk estate, even stuff that's exempt.

Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

I thought I read that you shouldn't seel anything until the BK is over. Anyone know? Also if Justpoor sells something will that be considered income? Or does it matter after the 341?
                            10/18/10 Admitted to self I can't continue to live off CC; 11/19/10 Filed Chapter 7, 341 scheduled 1/5/11

Comment

Wow! Thanks everyone for the advise and the well wishes. BTW, I've chosen the mattress over the bank for a little while longer!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X