341 Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today!

I have 2.5 hours and I am starting to get the jitters!

I keep looking at all my bank statements to make sure they are correct...I am obsessing. Even wondering if I should be highlighting stuff on these statements? LOL

I will post here when I get back! Hopefully it doesn't take long
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Good Luck!!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Good luck to you! You will do fine.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Calm down, you'll be just fine....remember to use SIMPLE words....wait, this is OBE'd already right? I hate not seeing the time stamp on the posts! Wonder if it's my machine @ old job? I see time stamp at home....whoa, brain everywhere. Tyson24, GOOD LUCK!!
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Good luck! Hope it goes fast and easy!

Comment

Good luck! I can't wait to hear how great it went.
            Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

I am back and bankrupt! I think??

We showed up at the courthouse about 2:30 and our hearing was at 3. We did not sit inside the court room because they had a roster outside the courtroom and it gave the order of cases. Ours was close to the last one for our time slot.

We waited for our attorney and he showed up (thankfully) and gave us some pointers about questions and what would be asked. He was right on about everything the trustee would ask. Even over prepared us with things that were not asked.

Our hearing room is as big as my living room 6 cases are done every half an hour. The trustee was running behind, so we were there from start to finish, for 1 hour. Our case took 10 minutes.

The questions the trustee asked were:

State your names, asked if we still lived on the same street.

Did you look over your docs and sign them?

Is everything true to the best of your knowledge?

Asked if we read the bankruptcy paper..

Asked about some 1099 income that we both had from 09.

We pay for a car loan in my husbands parents name. We were asked if we paid them. We actually pay the bank

Asked if we transferred property to anyone in the last 6 years.

Asked if we expected to receive any inheritance.

Asked if we were going to give up or retain our rental property.

Asked if we were on time with our residential mortgage.

Asked about a boat we sold and a car transferred to his parents a year ago that they bought from us.

The best thing about this hearing was that with the electronic filing that our attorney did, some of our tax documents did not print correctly. The trustee asked for the tax forms. Our attorney was fumbling through his papers and I HAD THE TAXES WITH ME!!! YAY! And all thanks to this forum! Not that my attorney was incompetent by any means whatsoever, but I just felt smart

Our attorney gave us an A+ and said if the trustee had anymore questions that he would have asked them in the room. Barring any UST stuff, I think (pray and hope) we are good!

The 60 day club feels good! I am going to have a glass of wine and relax.

Thank you bk gurus and board participants. I would not be so educated without you!!!! I packed my folder with little things that I thought I may need, and I needed them!!!!!

Always better to be safe than sorry!
              Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

So good to hear tyson! You give me hope! Congrats!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You did very well. You are in the 60 Day Club.

Comment

I remember coming to this forum for the first time and not being able to wait to see the 60 day club thingy with the dancing

Comment

Congratulations tyson24!!!! Welcome to club de 60!
                      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I forgot to add, that every case went relatively smooth with all of the cases except for 2.

One case had the wrong bank statements and the attorney was asked to fax or email them over to the trustee's office.

The other one, had a car that couldn't be exempted and when asked if he wanted to keep the car, and as he said yes the attorney was shaking her head no! Not sure what that was about, but she was mad and seemed like she didn't know that the case would be an asset case. He must have told her previously that he would forfeit the car.

Uneventful and regular questions for most everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
                          I remember coming to this forum for the first time and not being able to wait to see the 60 day club thingy with the dancing
                          Actually the Hamster Dance of Victory comes when you are Discharged. You are on your way now....

Comment

Congrats! I knew your 341 would go smooth.
                            Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Congrats!!!
                              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X