341 trustee question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 trustee question...

If it went smooth at our 341 meeting,(few questions) is that a good sign that all was in order?
    Filed 09/29/2010
    341 meeting 11/09/2010 Notice of no distribution same day!
    Discharged!!! 01/12/2011 Closed!! 1/18/2011

Originally posted by birdo View Post
    If it went smooth at our 341 meeting,(few questions) is that a good sign that all was in order?
    u will want the report of no distribution right after your 341 .thats a good sign that things are going in the right direction
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

...always a good sign, congrats birdo!!

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thanks! I think I will sleep now! hahaha :0)
        Filed 09/29/2010

Comment

At the 341 meeting, do they let you know then if they want your car or other things to sale ?

Comment

Originally posted by StEt0417 View Post
            At the 341 meeting, do they let you know then if they want your car or other things to sale ?
            actually Stet...in flordia, usually, you should know that before you get to the 341......

make certain you research your car's value yourself ...the florida exemption is not much... we submitted a copy of kelly's blue book value with our petition and was also asked how we got to the value on the petition at the 341....we told the trustee that the kelly blue value was supplied...she said fine...so we believe that was "just for the record" that she was verified the value.

however, once again, your atty should let you know prior to the meeting where you stand with your car.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hate to disagree with Tobee, but lately, the trustees have been dropping the bomb after the "smooth" 341. I do agree though regarding the value of the car, the trustee asked everyone at the 341 how they arrived at the value and sent a few for appraisals. We had a certified appaisal done prior to filing because Nada retail was showing way high.

Comment

Hello all, we actually gave up our car as we did not want to continue with a large payment.... sad as we had paid the majority of it off. They did ask us how we reached the value of our home. We used zillow. We have no equity thanks to the current market status. The trustee reported our no distribution the same day as our 341 meeting. I wish the best to everyone. I don't know about you but this has been one of the most stresfull things I have ever been through in my life !I pray it will all be done soon so we can get a new start! :0)
                Filed 09/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
                  Hate to disagree with Tobee, but lately, the trustees have been dropping the bomb after the "smooth" 341. I do agree though regarding the value of the car, the trustee asked everyone at the 341 how they arrived at the value and sent a few for appraisals. We had a certified appaisal done prior to filing because Nada retail was showing way high.
                  WHere can you get a certified appraisal done at?

Comment

Originally posted by StEt0417 View Post
                    WHere can you get a certified appraisal done at?
                    Should be able to ask atty.
                    Filed 09/29/2010

Comment

I agree with birdo, ask your attorney for a referral. The cost runs about $75 per car.

Comment

Hi all,

FYI, for some reason NADA always seem to run high. Kelly Blue Book works much better, and as has been said, if it really needs to be ironclad get a certified appraisal

Tom in Colo

ps: almost everyone reports that zillow is high on houses
                        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X