Credit card offer from discharged creditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jovigirl22 View Post
    Does anyone here have experience with a Kolhs store card? I loved this card for the "deals".......use your card and get 30% off and other similar incentives. I had this card since I was 19 or so, and never had a balance on it until last Christmas. Usually, I made a purchase, got the discount, then paid the balance at the register before leaving the store, but last year I thought I would wait until the tax refund and pay it off ($400.00). We thought around tax refund time that BK was iminent, I found out that paying them $400 would be considered a preferential payment, so I could not pay it off. If I chose to reaffirm this card, do you think they will cancel me anyways? I KNOW so many of you think I am crazy for wanting the card, but honestly, at back to school time when I have $200 in clothes and get a $60.00 discount, thats a huge savings on items I have to buy anyways. If I DONT reaffirm, do you think they will EVER give me another card?
    99% of zero balance credit cards that survive a BK filing get closed out shortly after that creditor learns of your filing. All it takes is for them to pull your credit report for any reason (i.e., to check to see if you qualify for an increase, just a periodic review, etc.) and it's their decision when they see the BK whether or not to close your account. Prepare yourself for the account to be closed. You may not even know they close it until you go to try to use it. If it stays open, count your blessings.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Jovigirl22 View Post
      Does anyone here have experience with a Kolhs store card? I loved this card for the "deals".......use your card and get 30% off and other similar incentives. I had this card since I was 19 or so, and never had a balance on it until last Christmas. Usually, I made a purchase, got the discount, then paid the balance at the register before leaving the store, but last year I thought I would wait until the tax refund and pay it off ($400.00). We thought around tax refund time that BK was iminent, I found out that paying them $400 would be considered a preferential payment, so I could not pay it off. If I chose to reaffirm this card, do you think they will cancel me anyways? I KNOW so many of you think I am crazy for wanting the card, but honestly, at back to school time when I have $200 in clothes and get a $60.00 discount, thats a huge savings on items I have to buy anyways. If I DONT reaffirm, do you think they will EVER give me another card?
      u can't reaffirm credit card debt.most if not all judges will not approve it
      but u can pay them after your discharge
      Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
      Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
      Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X