top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 341, when can I start adding to my savings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 341, when can I start adding to my savings?

Chapter 7, No asset. This is all that's showing up on PACER - my 341 was November 10:
    Trustee's Initial Report: 341 MEETING OF CREDITORS HELD.

When can I start putting some money in my savings for emergencies?

I already know that @#$%^ trustee is more than likely taking my Federal & State tax refund, she made us all sign papers to mail her a copy of our tax filing papers and our checks when we receive them!

I don't want her to get what little money I will be socking away to my emergency fund also. Is it safe yet? I have kept my accounts with the same credit union throughout the entire process, so she has my account number.
    Last edited by BKDebby; 11-14-2010, 04:01 PM.

Hi BKDebby,

trustee is more than likely taking my Federal & State tax refund ....did you check your exemptions carefully? They might not be able to get all of it, here in Colo the EIC and child care credit portion is exempt. In Fla the whole thing is exempt but the exemption is in the motor vehicle exemption along with health aids.

Post 341 its unlikely you will get asked for bank statements and I seriously doubt the trustee monitors your bank acct.

Socking away some savings sounds like a 'fresh start' to me...

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

with today's interest rates if you are worried - stashing it in a mattress probably works just as well

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
        Hi BKDebby,
        trustee is more than likely taking my Federal & State tax refund ....did you check your exemptions carefully? They might not be able to get all of it, here in Colo the EIC and child care credit portion is exempt. In Fla the whole thing is exempt but the exemption is in the motor vehicle exemption along with health aids.
        Post 341 its unlikely you will get asked for bank statements and I seriously doubt the trustee monitors your bank acct.
        Socking away some savings sounds like a 'fresh start' to me...
        Tom in Colo
        Tom, I'm single, I have no EIC or child care. The first 9 months of this year I was claiming zero exemptions on my W4, right after I filed the end of September I changed my exemptions to 3 since my attorney told me the Trustee usually doesn't bother anyone getting $1000 or less for the Federal tax refund. Even changing to 3 at this late date I think I'm still barely over $1000 for a refund, so it's probably going to the Trustee. Plus she wants the State tax return also, and right before I retained an attorney, I bought a new car and paid all that state sales tax, which I could have claimed when filling out my State tax return. So I think I'm screwed with both of them. (sigh).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X