Order Discharging Debtor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Discharging Debtor

I just looked at PACER and the last day for creditors to file objections was last week. I kept checking but it never said if the case was closed.

I still says nothing about "closed", but I looked tonight and under "History" it says "Order Discharging Debtor -auto".

Under Deadlines/Hearings it says Objection to Dischage Due Terminated and then the date.

On the top of both pages it says Debtor Discharged. Is this what I think it means?

What does this mean? I don't have a lawyer, so I have no one to ask.
    Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
    November 2010
    Closed: January 2011!!!

This means your debts have been discharged. The next step is closing. It could take a while to get that closing status, but it's one step closer

Congrats!
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
      This means your debts have been discharged. The next step is closing. It could take a while to get that closing status, but it's one step closer

Congrats!
      Thank you so much!

November 2010

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post

Congrats!
        How long does it usually take until closing after the discharge???
        November 2010

Comment

It depends on sooooo many factors. If you are a non-asset Chapter 7, it could come very quickly after your discharge. I've seen some on here who've received the discharge and closing at the same time, some within a week or so, and some within months.

If you are an asset case, it will take as long as the trustee needs to liquidate your assets and distribute them to the creditors. In our case, we have to wait until after we file our 2010 tax return, he wants a copy of that, then he wants a portion of our refund check, if there is one. So, I'm not looking to get our case closed for up to a year from the date of filing.
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congratulations on your discharge
            Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
            Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is a wonderful way to start the week. Here you go:

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hi Bank, South jersey here.. Your Pacer reads just like mine. I guess we are in the clear,lol. I recieved my discharge on 11/5/10 but still havnt closed.. I still have not recieved my report of no distribution from the trustee so i still am a lil nervous... Wonder if its just the courts and the way they file on Pacer...
                Filed 7/20/10
                341 meeting-8/30/10

Comment

Congratulations on your fresh start!
                  Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X