Discharge elusive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge elusive

I've been checking Pacer for days. No new filings, no termination of the Awaiting Discharge status.

I'm now 75 days after 341.

Woe is me....
    11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
    08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
    09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Just hang in there . It will happen. The whole process is a kick in the a--. No other way to do it the way the system is set up. If you are a non Geitner type, non wallstreet person, a little person, you are put through this process. That is how it is. Good luck and be patient. Sooner or later, most decent hard working people either are forced into bankruptcy due to the tremendous taxes foisted upon us or come pretty darn close.

Comment

Keep your head up and try to keep your focus on other things and before you know it your discharge will be here. I'm in California too and I hear a lot of our courts are behind.
      Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Patience, my friend, patience....our discharge came 92 days after the 341...

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I have finally been discharged, but it didn't happen until I talked my very kind case manager and asked what was up. He noted that my case was flagged since I was a repeat filer, having moved from the state of my Chapter 13 filing to a second state where I had little choice but to file a second time since converting to a 7 from out of state is problematic. My Chapter 13 had been dismissed because of my inability to continue making payments.

Anyway, he sent an e-mail to ask the judge about my case status and by the end of the day entered the order of discharge, which came up quickly in Pacer. This was late last week.

Two out of the three credit reporting agencies already note the discharge. That's faster than I expected. The credit score seems reasonably good though I'm not sure whether it will come up when the third of the reporting agencies posts the discharge.
          11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
          02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
          08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
          09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X