top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the bk judge really look at the petition or goes along with the trustee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the bk judge really look at the petition or goes along with the trustee?

Eastern District - nervous wreck - 341 - ok - as of Pacer - trustee listed us as no asset and asked to be released - PAcer states awaiting discharge - have until JAnuary 4 - what happens in between? Not hiding anything - just do not trust the system. We did not reaffirm our mortgage and it would just be like Chase to pull something - what I can not imagine - but they are idiots.

The bk judges place a lot of trust in their trustees, but do they look at the petitions? Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure that they are different factors that require different levels of scrutiny.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

The BK judge is only going to get involved if there is a dispute of some kind in the case. Otherwise it's kind of an autopilot system, the parties to the case (including panel and US trustees) receive notice; if nobody objects it sails through.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

i'm the cat on this...usually the judges rely on the trustees and their staff. i know we were asked numerous question prior to our 341 by the trustee's paralegal and had to answer a series of questions prior to actually going to our meeting...thereby, resolving most questions before...

when we got our orders they were signed by the judge...but we never saw a US trustee nor a judge at anytime...and personally, i think they just left it up to the staff in our area.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Nearly everything that happens in BK happens automatically unless someone objects.

So, when you file BK, so long as no one objects to anything, the BK case goes through automatically, the judge never sees the petition. The only time the judge gets involved is if a party (trustee, creditor, debtor etc.) asks the judge to get involved by filing some sort of motion, objection, or adversary proceeding. 90% of BK's go through without the judge ever touching the petition.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X