2 weeks and no word from bank about car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 weeks and no word from bank about car

So, it's been 2 weeks since my case has been discharged and closed and no word yet from the bank. I did not re-affirm. I did not choose to retain and pay. I stopped paying in August. I have received no notice of default - nothing! No phone call, no tow truck lurking - nothing! Is this normal? I'm with Santander.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

It will get repo'd, give them time. In the meantime - enjoy it (and remove your stuff!).
    Stopped paying CCs 1/10 | Stopped paying mortgages 2/10 | Interviewed attorneys 3/10-5/10 | Retained attorney 5/14/10 | Delivered paperwork to attorney 6/17/10 | Filed Ch7 7/9/10 | 341 8/16/10 | Objection Deadline 10/15/10 | DISCHARGED 10/20/10

Comment

That's so good for you, but do you have a back up plan for when they decide to get the car? Hey, maybe you'll be lucky and fall through their cracks and get to have a free car. Wouldn't that be cool? You just never know. I'm hoping the best for you.
      Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

I second what mommi said. LOL. It would be cool. Yes, my backup plan is I'll have enough money saved to get a used car cash! No loans for me just yet, although I need to start rebuilding my credit. I'll give myself a few months.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Good plan drowning, but I'm still hoping for the best (which is a free car).
          Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

It'll get repo'd. In the meantime, just enjoy your "free" car while it lasts, drowning
            Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

You guys are too funny. LOL.

Comment

After watching those repo reality shows, I would recommend you always have your cell phone, enough cash, etc. and an emergency plan ready every day. e.g. you drive to work or to the supermarket, you walk back to your car (perhaps at night time or in a bad area) and your car is gone. Do you have the money to pay for a taxi or the means to contact someone to pick you up?

Be prepared that they find a place you park it at and tow it at the worst possible time for you.

Comment

Yes, help, I have money, now that I'm discharged. LOL. Thanks for the advice. LOL.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X