Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Board is quiet tonight.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

thinkin the same thing...well drowning. What should we talk about????LOL
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Bartender!?!?!?!!!!!!
      Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

OK cleve...i'm sure we can come up with something to kabitz about.....

you guys need to be here with me at midnight. Today is my day 60

NOW that has to be midnight HERE .....

Comment

I luv ya Oregeon - but really? I have to stay up 'till 3:00 a.m.!?!?! Okay. . . revving up the blender. It's gonna be a loooong night!! LOL
          Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

love it... you are so great.
            lets see....how about a mango margarita.
            Where did you go drowning???? whats your poison. I'm buyin

Comment

O.K I have a question, cause it is quite in here I am wondering this these days. As part of filing chapter 7 is there any narrative attached that explains how a debtor got into to debt? Do we tell our story to anyone except our lawyer? Do we have to explain how we spent all the money that got us here? Or, do they just care about the last six months of spending.

I have met with one lawyer and will met with another tomorrow. I plan on putting up a post on my experience looking for a lawyer after I interviewed a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Memphisbelle View Post
                O.K I have a question, cause it is quite in here I am wondering this these days. As part of filing chapter 7 is there any narrative attached that explains how a debtor got into to debt? Do we tell our story to anyone except our lawyer? Do we have to explain how we spent all the money that got us here? Or, do they just care about the last six months of spending.

I have met with one lawyer and will met with another tomorrow. I plan on putting up a post on my experience looking for a lawyer after I interviewed a few.
                Stories vary. Some trustees pose the question, but from what I gather on this forum, it's not a common question. I would imagine that if you were trying to discharge a huge mountain of debt, in the trustee's eyes, they might ask. I wouldn't worry about it though...we were never asked.
                Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Memphisbelle View Post

I have met with one lawyer and will met with another tonight. I plan on putting up a post on my experience looking for a lawyer after I interviewed a few.

I never had to splain to anyone...even my attorney never really asked me that. Did offer to him about my 5500. charge to Carecredit in April for dental emergency. He looked at my income and could see.....

Comment

Thanks I am glad it isn't common. This is hard enough to go through without having to talk much or splain anything to the court or hopefully the trustee. For me it shouldn't be too bad as I haven't used a credit card in over a year and my accounts have been closed for as long and I have been paying up till now. I will not make my DEC payments and am not looking forward to the calls I'll get until I file Feb 1. I will look into google voice.

Cheers I am drinking my cheap red wine Twisted

Comment

google voice worked great for me. I finally got it after we had company for a couple of days and they wondered why we didn't answer the phone.

Comment

OH I can imagine the stories I could come up with if someone had the audacity to ask me where all the money went. "Well, sir, let's see. I loved the show "Sex and the City" and after watching it I decided that I NEEDED to wrack up credit cards with Dolce & Gabana, Channel and Prada handbags and shoes. I really never spent my money on NECESSARY things, like food or bills or anything, I just decided I would pretend I was loaded for a while so that I could turn around and file bankruptcy for the fun of it." REALLY!?!?! LOL I bet they don't ask because people could come up with a myriad of stories. I am being sarcastic of course, but I know there really are abusers out there. I'm just sour about it because we are suffering from lay offs in my house and it aggravates me to think of the abusers.

Comment

LOL. The UST that was at our 341 did ask us and we were just honest. Told her it all started when DH was self-employed and we didn't plan well enough and were hit with a large tax bill. Looking back, maybe the reason she asked was because we DON'T have an exorbitant amount of cc debt.
                          Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandmom View Post
                            OH I can imagine the stories I could come up with if someone had the audacity to ask me where all the money went. "Well, sir, let's see. I loved the show "Sex and the City" and after watching it I decided that I NEEDED to wrack up credit cards with Dolce & Gabana, Channel and Prada handbags and shoes. I really never spent my money on NECESSARY things, like food or bills or anything, I just decided I would pretend I was loaded for a while so that I could turn around and file bankruptcy for the fun of it." REALLY!?!?! LOL I bet they don't ask because people could come up with a myriad of stories. I am being sarcastic of course, but I know there really are abusers out there. I'm just sour about it because we are suffering from lay offs in my house and it aggravates me to think of the abusers.
                            That is so good....

Comment

Speaking of the company wondering, I have been wondering lately about how strange it going to be when, this spring, I morph from a stressed out, complaining I can't go anywhere with friends or family because I've got this pit of debt to climb out of kind of woman, to a relaxed, laidback soul who can tag along at will with ABSOLUTELY No splaination!

I have been stressed out for yrs about money and I won't have to be very soon. Who knew.....who will know! AMAZING

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X