Debtor Education Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obtaining Certificate

Do you print out the certificate or is it mailed to you?

Comment

Originally posted by littlered1003
      Do you print out the certificate or is it mailed to you?
      When you take the course online, the certificate showing successful completion is sent directly to your lawyer by mail or electronically. If you are filing pro se (without a lawyer), then it's mailed to you.

I don't know what happens in live classes - hopefully someone else who took their required pre-bankruptcy class in a classroom with a live instructor can share how their certificate was handled in that situation.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

My lawyer gave me the names of the places he wants me to use--I would prefer to choose my own (which I know I can), but don't want to rock the boat.
        *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I just finished my pre-filing course on cccsinc.org - it was much quicker thank I thought, but WOW what an eye opener....now I remember why I am filing....and DAMN my score dropped quick (I was a shabby 594, now I am a very very shabby 527, in less than 2 months....ugh)

Comment

When do you do the post credit counciling?

I had my 341 Sept. 1st. When do you complete the post credit counciling or debt management part. I am supposed to do it at the lawyers office, but wasn't told when I need to do it.

Comment

Hi!

I'm on my 61 day after my meeting. I checked pacer this morning and looked at the Docket Summary and it's says that my Financial Managment Course NOT MET) I filed my certificate on 8/23/06. Does anybody know what this means? I'm nervous! My 341 hearing was on 7/11/06.

Comment

Originally posted by arf75 View Post
                Hi!

I'm on my 61 day after my meeting. I checked pacer this morning and looked at the Docket Summary and it's says that my Financial Managment Course NOT MET) I filed my certificate on 8/23/06. Does anybody know what this means? I'm nervous! My 341 hearing was on 7/11/06.
                If you are concerned, you can call the clerk for clarification.
                *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I left them a message. They take about 48 hours to return your call. It must be a mistake because I filed my certificate before the 45 days after my 341 hearing expired.

Comment

I found out what the problem was. I didn't file form 23 along with my certificate. I'm getting a notice sent home along with the form and I have 10 days to send it back. If you're filing Pro se make sure to file Form 23 along with your pre-discharge certificate.

Comment

www.standsuretoday.com

(Admin Note - Members, the list of US Trustee-approved pre-filing bankruptcy courses at http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/cc_approved.htm was updated on July 20, 2007. This company is not listed on the approved list for five states I chose at random. Check your state's approved credit counseling agencies list carefully before using this company. -lrprn)

Mine was only $24.99 and I was able to download my pre-discharge bankruptcy certificate directly from www.standsuretoday.com. I liked the course and actually learned A LOT.

My attorney said her clients have had the best luck with them.

Last edited by lrprn; 07-26-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Elphaba, in the future please don't post to old inactive threads like this - it's against our forum rules that are posted at the top of every forum area. It's best to start a new thread of your own.

And for all our members - be sure that any credit counseling agency you use for pre-filing certification is approved by the US Trustee and your state judicial districts. You can find that information here - http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/cc_approved.htm
                        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I used Hummingbird.com for my preBK cc. It was a simple online form then my husband and I made a quick phone call (5 min. max), she suggested we get another job to bring in more income and that was it. Oh, she asked us if we thought we could afford the $49 fee and we said no so she waived it. Simple and fast. I kind of wish we would have gotten a budget analysis but that may be because she figured we couldn't use one anyway if we had a negative balance each month.
                          Sarah H Owosso, MI
                          WE DID IT!! PRO SE
                          Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
                          DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

We just did the discharge course through www.debtor-ed.com. It was easy and took about an hour-and-a-half.
                            4/7/07 Filed Ch7 :unsure:
                            6/6/07 341 meeting done :blink:
                            8/5/07 last day for objections :yes2:
                            8/23/07 DISCHARGED!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Debtor Education/Credit Counseling classes.

Hey everybody,
                              Recently my lawyer told me to take the 1st part of my credit counseling course online or phone. I chose online. I was glad I did. I called first to find out procedures. I signed up and believe it or not, because my lawyer works for Legal Aide in my state, they waived the fee. I could not believe it because there was absolutely nothing in my savings account and I was scared to touch it if it was anyway.

I learned a lot about myself and my spending habits. I could not believe some of the information they have avaliable when you take those courses. After part 1 was over, I received my certificated via e-mail(make sure it does not go to spam in your mailbox)and I printed a copy for the lawyer and I was on my way. I definitely recommend online.

Comment

We also did the second part online it was easy and at the end we were required to call the number so they could verify our info and bk case number for the certificate. It was much easier than going to the Credit Counceling place to meet with someone like we did for the first one.
                                5/17/2006 Filed Chapter 13
                                6/14/2006 341 meeting
                                7/10/2006 Plan Confirmed
                                9/12/2007 DISCHARGED,10/15/2007 CLOSED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X