Debtor Education Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcraneesq View Post
    Take it after the 341 hearing. The law states that you have to complete it within 45 days "after" the hearing.
    Some say it means you have 45 after the date of the 341 meeting to file the Debtor's Certification of Completion of Instructional Course Concerning Financial Management. Others have said you have to take the course after the meeting. From everything I've read, the only stipulation about when to take the course is after you've filed, as you need the case number to take the pre-discharge education, and that you have "up to 45 days from the first date of the 341 meeting" to actually file the proof. I guess I interpreted that to mean that I cannot file that certification after the 45 days, but can file it any time up to and including that date.

Does anyone else have any other information/interpretation? I don't want to waste my time sending it in early, but if I could get it over with, it's one less check on the checklist. We're filing pro se, so there isn't an attorney we can just call and ask about it.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I actually took the course 3 weeks after we filed...and 2 weeks before our 341. Attorney suggested we just do it.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I took mine between filing and the 341 as well.
        Filed Chapter 7 (08/17/10)
        341 Meeting (09/20/10)
        Discharge (11/30/10), Case Closed (01/18/11)

Comment

At a convention I saw a company offering the class for free!! I will try and find it and post it.

Comment

Can someone help me with this question? I completed my second course back in December, about a week after my 341. My attorney filed it the next day, but on PACER, the second page of the certificate is blank. This is the page that the debtor fills out, but in looking at other cases on PACER, the form is typically filled out by the law firm and submitted without the signature, at the same time as the Certificate of completion. I am calling attorney tomorrow to find out what is going on--my case was discharged a couple of days ago but is not closed. Please can someone give me their opinion? thanks!!

Comment

we used http://academyoffinancialliteracy.com/ $13.95 for both of us. took the test and got the certs within minutes of finishing it. filed with bk court on our 341 date.

Comment

Originally posted by tls View Post
                Can someone help me with this question? I completed my second course back in December, about a week after my 341. My attorney filed it the next day, but on PACER, the second page of the certificate is blank. This is the page that the debtor fills out, but in looking at other cases on PACER, the form is typically filled out by the law firm and submitted without the signature, at the same time as the Certificate of completion. I am calling attorney tomorrow to find out what is going on--my case was discharged a couple of days ago but is not closed. Please can someone give me their opinion? thanks!!
                tls - sounds like it might be a technical issue. if it's on the docket as filed, you're probably ok. but def check with att as you intended.

Comment

As a bankruptcy lawyer, I use DECAF (bkcert.com). They e-mail me directly with my client's completed course documents, so it is one less step for them. Overall, it is a pretty painless process.

Comment

Thanks for the DECAF info.
                    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                    The rebuilding begins

Comment

I just wanted to say I had good results with consumerBankruptcycounseling. The certificate was emailed to me quickly for the pre counseling. The do not do post counseling. I paid $5 for the certificate. the class was free.

Comment

Hi there. Just finished my course and thought I'd chime in. There's a new provider that hasn't been mentioned (that I'm aware of) that charges only $9 per filer. The company is 9DollarDebtEducation.com, they offer the post filing course online, t took about 2 hours in total but I logged on and off over a few days to get it done. The certificate was sent to me and my attorney the next day via email. Not bad for 9 bucks, not sure how they keep the doors open for that price..

Comment

Do I take the 2nd bankruptcy before or after the 341 meeting?

Comment

I took mine before my 341 meeting, you can take it anytime but must be completed prior to you receiving your discharge.
                            Filed: 10/29/2011 Chapter 7
                            341: Scheduled for December 19, 2011

Comment

hello friends
                              everyone share nice link thanks

Comment

I just took the PRE-bk course at: academyoffinancialliteracy.com
                                $10.95. I thought it was pretty simple, takes an hour because you have to wait for the timer to timeout before moving on. At the end, a message said an auto-email would be sent informing that a phone call has to be made before certificate is issued. I waited about 20 min., no email arrived, so I just called. No problem, I listened to a man's suggestions about budgeting, etc, which took about 5 minutes. My certificate was in my email within minutes of hanging up.
                                One reason I chose this site, was the availability to stop at any point, come back and finish later. I didn't need to do that, but I liked the option.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X