What I have learned in filing BK, part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
    i think i had already filed before i could actually say the word "bankruptcy" out loud.

I was even afraid to google "bankruptcy" on my pooter. Thought someone (whoever someone is") would know i was even thinking about bankruptcy and come after me. Now that is paranoid.
    exactly!!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

All -

I can throw my hat in as a cook! Anyway, a location in the first order of business.

Portland, OR, Reno, NV, Sacramento, CA, SLC, UT - any ideas/takers?

--13for60

PS - we should probobly start a new thread for this, right..?
      Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
      341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

My margarita mix - free of charge:

- two parts gold tequila - Jose Cuervo is OK.
        - One part Gran Marnier
        - One part Disaranno amaretto
        - two to two and a half parts sweet and sour mix (Finest Call is best) (do NOT use margarita mix)
        - lime half the rim of a chilled glass and salt; leave the other half dry, or lime and sugar the other half
        - mix liquids in shaker with 4-5 large ice cubes; shake for 20 seconds, strain and pour into chilled glass

Comment

Ahh, you girls got me thinking I need an avatar. I have been arvatarless for long. So, here's to getting together the BK'ers and having a few. Can't promise I'll be keeping this avi for the entire BK process but good to start with a Cheers. This is a great group of folks. I vote for out West too!

Comment

Originally posted by Memphisbelle View Post
            Ahh, you girls got me thinking I need an avatar. I have been arvatarless for long. So, here's to getting together the BK'ers and having a few. Can't promise I'll be keeping this avi for the entire BK process but good to start with a Cheers. This is a great group of folks. I vote for out West too!
            You know Memphis...being avatarless is just NOT RIGHT. LOL hahahaha
            I keep changing mine. Probably had 3 or 4 different ones in the last month.
            This really is such a great group.

WOW,,we have really taken this thread way out to left field.
            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

You know Memphis...being avatarless is just NOT RIGHT. LOL hahahaha
              I keep changing mine. Probably had 3 or 4 different ones in the last month.
              This really is such a great group.

WOW,,we have really taken this thread way out to left field.
              LOL!!! avartarless....yes really memphis get some clothes on!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You know, a lot of these posts might seem silly, but it does go to show folks how people feel AFTER filing, as opposed to the desperate posts we all had BEFORE filing.

Comment

Originally posted by btbeme View Post
                  You know, a lot of these posts might seem silly, but it does go to show folks how people feel AFTER filing, as opposed to the desperate posts we all had BEFORE filing.
                  wow bt,
                  i had not realized the difference in our postings from before filing (desperation) to after. much more levity and joking around. We have gone thru the train tunnel, and came out the other side without being flattened to badly.
                  We're blinded by the light....those of you in the beginning part of this process. Get youself some good shades cuz it is great on this side. Best to you ALL.
                  Thank you all for helping me get to this "side"

Comment

well...actually...even from the otherside...we attempted to keep a sense of humor and found laughter to be one of our personal "best" medicines during our most difficult times.

people cope in different ways...for us...breaking the ice and keeping a smile by having a laugh instead of screaming...(although we did that as well)...we had to sit down and re-evaluate the situation and started to find some fun in even the worse situations....instead of when the sky falls it will crash and kill us all and our souls will be gone...nope...not for us...

again....it's a a way to cope...and personally, after the tears and fears had settle, it was the best for us...maybe not for everyone, but for us it was!!!

have a GREAT holiday!
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Great post
                      8/30/10 Filed
                      10/12/10 341 meeting

Comment

Today I spoke with some very dear friends. Their situation is as bleak as anyone's yet they have had a very difficult time wrestling with their options.

It seems like decades since I was in that place. Right now, I feel sooooo much better than before, only a couple months out of discharge but two years from the first thoughts that BK might be the only real option.

Here's hoping that our frank discussion today sheds a little sunshine into their future, BK or not. But, as I told them today, I am not ashamed or embarrassed - I am only relieved.

Comment

I think i had already filed before i could actually say the word "BANKRUPTCY" out loud.

I was even afraid to google "bankruptcy" on my pooter. Thought someone (whoever someone is") would know i was even thinking about bankruptcy and come after me. now that is paranoid.
                          HA!! OMG, you sound like me I swore someone was coming to look in our windows...I quite possibly needed meds at the point right before we filed. Paranoia! I was sure the trustee was going to think we had too many ladders and take a few I was even nervous about the puppy (although, I was secretly thinking he could take the older one!)
                          Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

I was scared to death, this was the most agonizing decision we have ever been through. Zanax turned into my next best friend. We had plainly just run out of time, money and hope just trying to hang on. Then we needed to wait three months to file and put up with the intrusive calls all day long non stop until I pulled the plug. Then relief when we filed, silence here was deafening with no more calls.

Then the 341, I am so prepared I have every document available that anyone could possibly want and more I could get my hands on if I had to, I am a paper hoarder of all things that I may need, except for those stupid online statements that I had to hurry up and get printed before the credit card guys shut down my access to my accounts. As well as my bank statements, all on line. I printed stuff for two days.

All this for maybe three minutes in front of the trustee who did not even look at all my hard earned evidence, and I was truly thankful for that too. So anticlimactic.

Now I am waiting for my 60 days to be over on valentines day, which may be the best day in the world if everything will hopefully keep going the way it has. I am so hopeful and can't wait to see discharged soon.

Peace soon I hope, so we may move on with our lives. I feel in limbo right now, but know that the time shall pass, just as it has since August when we started this journey.

Ahhhh, a wonderful Margarita, or Mai Tai as I love both. A toast to all the wonderful people here.
                            Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
                            DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

mornin panda....i did the same thing.
                              I had a stack of printed statements for the last yr and bank statements for a little over a yr.

The one thing that i had that i didn't bring to the 341 was a list of ALL my Tools Of Trade, Down to my hammers. (1.79) my ladders and when i bought them and how much i paid and how much i thought each piece was worth.

It was one of the things he questioned me about. Had i had that piece of paper with me i could have just given it to him to look at instead of me telling him what my tools were and that i had a 1.79 cent hammer(ACK)

Sounds like Valentine day will be one to celebrate.

Comment

That is wonderful advice btbeme, thank you for your post.
                                This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
                                Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X