No announcement yet.

What I have learned in filing BK, part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My attorney was terrific - he advised me for several months before filing, so I had everything prepared and ready to go. Just in case. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about. Just be prepared and honest.

Comment

It is fun to go back and re-read the replies to earlier post and compare then to more recent posts from the same folks.

Ch 7 is a restart, not the end of the world. As a first, second, third, or even a twentieth choice, it sucks. But, it is a redeeming process nonetheless. Recent changes to the BK code simply try to make it more difficult to qualify, but my casual observation sees that nothing has slowed down.

Like any life challenge, bankruptcy seems like it has no ending to the process or the lessons learned. But I see the stigma of Ch 7 wearing thin in a lot of places, and I can state with absolute certainty that financial life post-7 can be completely rewarding.

That is, if the redeemed is truly on the path of redemption...

Comment

STICKY DIS!!!!

I just realized what's missing from my life - that sinking feeling I had for a whole year before we filed! We've only been discharged since 8/2, but ... I breathe, I sleep, and work and I pay my bills. I are HAPPY and not afraid anymore!
        Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

Okay, a 'Sticky', it is.

My best wishes to Everyone!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I really enjoy reading your post..

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
              I think i had already filed before i could actually say the word "BANKRUPTCY" out loud.

I was even afraid to google "bankruptcy" on my pooter. Thought someone (whoever someone is") would know i was even thinking about bankruptcy and come after me. now that is paranoid.
              This was me... to the tee! Thank you for this post! Absolutely relates to both a 7 and a 13.
              Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
              Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
                This was me... to the tee! Thank you for this post! Absolutely relates to both a 7 and a 13.
                You're welcome TB. Pretty funny..."that" word is still pretty hard to say.
                filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
                  HA!! OMG, you sound like me I swore someone was coming to look in our windows...I quite possibly needed meds at the point right before we filed. Paranoia! I was sure the trustee was going to think we had too many ladders and take a few I was even nervous about the puppy (although, I was secretly thinking he could take the older one!)
                  Oh my this made me laugh until I had tears in my eyes. I needed a good laugh tonight.

Comment

Great post. I completely agree with your point of hiring a GOOD attorney, which is not always the same as a CHEAP attorney. Apart from personal referrals, a good way to find a competent bankruptcy attorney is to search the internet for articles written by local bankruptcy attorneys. If the articles demonstrate knowledge then there is a good chance the attorney is competent. The next thing to test is the attorney's communication. If the attorney is able to answer your questions in a way you can understand, and asks you questions to better understand your case, then the attorney probably has good client-communication skills.

Comment

Btbme is right, get over it.

I would like to share our story of a chapter 7 Bankruptcy with you.

Edit by moderator: For 13ZULU's story, please go to http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...Considering-BK
                      Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 08-08-2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I think the outcome is well worth the hurdles you have to go trough. The one thing most people seem to not want is the painful classes..
                        Life on planet earth is fun and I enjoy being here.

[advertising removed by moderator -- please re-read BKForum rules]

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X