Update to "not pretty...sad story" and a request for your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to "not pretty...sad story" and a request for your help

I just learned that my house was sold in an illegal transaction on Dec 19. I doubt anyone will help me because of the cover up and protection afforded to judicial corruption. But I've been advised to write the media and the government. Some say to disclose the more salacious details; others say to KISS it; others say that the media won't respond if its about divorce and judicial corruption (and of course that IS what this is about)....so I had a lot of trouble coming up with something and I'd like your critques. Feel free to post or PM any reply. Feel free to send it on to your favorite media, news reporter, show, govt official.. Thanks in advance for your comments!

Dear (media) :

I’m writing to you with hope that you can help me in some way. I ‘m a senior citizen currently living on $890/month social security, with a heart condition (atrial fibrillation)that's become somewhat debilitating. I’ve been defrauded out of my home of twenty five years, a home I spent five years of my life designing and building.
    There’s no mortgage in arrears or looming foreclosure.(Paid off the mortgage in 2001). No consensual debt. Court orders mandated that I would get a minimum of $500,000 net from the sale of my home. The court also granted me a priority right to not sell, but instead to buy out my ex-partner’s 40% share ‘at any time’; In January, I obtained financing and submitted my buyout contract at a price substantially higher than any other offer. But my ‘priority right to buy’ apparently didn’t include enough mordita to pay off the powers that be. Instead, the judge and his cronies sold the house on December 19 for substantially less than my buy-out offer and split the proceeds, leaving me with nothing…. Well actually less than nothing and not even my mandatory state homestead exemption.
    For years, I ‘ve tried to get redress through the judicial ystem. But when the system is controlled by a judge who has vowed to retaliate for my appealing one of his more egregious orders, an appeal that led to a reversal and possibly contributed to a demand for his early retirement, you don’t have a chance in hell. My attorney says this can’t be happening…that the eviction and sale are wrong by what she calls ‘operation of law’. But she is new to my saga and maybe hasn’t learned what I have… judges can do whatever they want.
    So now I’m homeless and without funds to even rent a place for me and my pets.My belongings have yet to be returned. The December 6 eviction was without legal hearing or notice and in violation of the automatic stay protecting both my home and property. The December 19 ‘sale’ was in violation of Court Orders and state decree that I at least get my homestead exemption. The sale was very hush hush of course and I only found out last night.
    I realize that there are many people facing hard times and loss of their homes and livelihood during these hard economic times. For years, but from the comfort of my home and family, I fought against injustice and bigotry and violence against women. When fighting for others, I was strong and tenacious. But when the tables turned, when I had to fight against injustice to me, I found myself strangely passive. Perhaps it is that I’ve been trying for so long now, that my heart, my very soul, just can’t take it any more. So I’m asking for your help.
    I don’t know if I can get back my home; I don’t know telling my story will help someone else from losing theirs, but if I can expose the people responsible for robbing me of my home and livelihood, perhaps someone, somewhere will say “ENOUGH”.
    My attorney has all the facts and documents proving that I’m not some bitter old woman who lost her home through sloth or greed. I’m sure she would speak more eloquently than I to what has happened. Her name is......( )

CoBelle....really, you should contact the newpaper...radio....anyone that possibly could help you....since apparently, the atty's you have had, have been unable to do so.

this is such a terrible situation and ....maybe NOW...might help...woman's right groups are many times willing to at least give a "good" referral....but i wonder really now what can be done after they sold the house....and to whom is really what i'm wondering????

i'm so sorry for you plight...it has been long and hard....
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I think it's a great letter, although the term "mordita" is new to me.. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts and hope you can bring the bast*rds to their knees.

Actually it sounds like the makings for a Lifetime movie. Seriously. Reach out to them.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
        I think it's a great letter, although the term "mordita" is new to me.. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts and hope you can bring the bast*rds to their knees.
        i believe in the case "mordita" is another word for a bribe.....correct me if i'm wrong...but that's what i took it as.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X