top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have this happen with BOA after a Chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have this happen with BOA after a Chapter 7?

Our case has been closed for over a year. Hubby lost his job and we have not made a mortgage payment since March of 2010. BOA proceeded with a foreclosure suit against us in September. Then something strange happened. When they were supposed to file the summary judgment against us, they did not. Instead they asked for an extension and then another and another. Finally, the judge (as of January 10) dismissed the case!

I am just a bit confused because now they will just have to start all over again. That is actually fine by us because hubby has been out of work for 15 months and finances are tight but now I can start saving toward a new place. Just wanted to know if anyone else dealing with BOA has had their foreclosure suit dismissed because BOA seems to have abandoned the lawsuit. Thanks all!
    Filed: 8-19-09
    341: 9-21-09
    Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Sounds like you just got yourselves another 12 months of rent-free living!

Most likely, BOA discovered a problem with the paperwork.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

That is what we were thinking about the rent-free living. Believe me I am not complaining. Thanks for the possible explanation as to why they dropped the suit. Now time to build up our savings!

Comment

Hi zpbk,

Your attorney general in Ohio was one of the most vocal critics of BoAs (and others) foreclosure process. He really went at them, maybe BoA is walking on eggsells there in OH

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

This happened to me with Chase It went on for 2+ years. Now they have the correct documents I am assuming because they just got a relief from stay granted. I think they are coming now.
          Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Thanks everyone! I am just grateful we have more time to save. My sis and brother in laws foreclosure took 9 months so I was thinking we would have to be out of our house no later than April. Now I know we have a bit of breathing room and I am so grateful. Plus DH just got a temp to perm job that started last night so we should really be able to start saving in earnest now!

Comment

Wonder if this had anything to do with it.

Comment

SunshineGal - thanks for the reminder. I forgot about the robosigning issue BOA had. I thought it was resolved but maybe not. I am just so grateful I get this little reprieve. We will be saving big time and finding a small apartment that is below our means. I don't ever want to find myself in this position again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X