ch7 prices in michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ch7 prices in michigan

i have been getting around 1400 for a ch7 straightforward credit card and judgment debt. does that sound about right to you guys?

florida is somewhere in this neighborhood -- 1595 plus 300 filing. 1900 out the door.

Comment

Mine was $1100 in Michigan, only credit cards debt. No judgements. Really good lawyer who worked with me on payments.

Comment

In Northern Lower Michigan, I paid 1300 + 299.00 filing fee. I did find someone for my husband who charges on one thousand..... 300 down. But that was after I had already been to my meeting and paid my attorney. Go figure
        My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

I think ours was $1150 and that included the filing fees. We were in the Eastern Michigan district. I wasnt particulary crazy about the attorney, but he got us our discharge so I guess he was worth it.

Comment

Should make you guys all feel better that in NJ our quote is 2200 plus filing fees.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

darn 2200+. I thought FLA was bad.....

Comment

Mine was $1400 and was fairly complex (according to my atty). She was in the ballpark of others I met with before retaining her office.

Comment

Hi frshpl,

After reading plenty of posts, these seem to be the major sticking points with attorney/client relations....

Communication: phone/email/face-to-face, secretary/paralegal/attorney, turnaround time on responses
                  Organizaton/work ethic: dot all i's, cross all t's or 'good enough,' document filed ASAP or 'before the deadline'
                  Competence: know the local trustees, judges, filed cases like yours, up-to-date on relevant court rulings
                  Retainer/Fee: exactly what is covered, what is extra, what to expect as 'extra'

Shop around until you have some you are comfortable with and confident in.

Good luck to you,

Tom in Colo
                  Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Grand Rapids. We paid $1200 in 2008. It was a really messy CH7 with 2 foreclosures.....very fast discharge though. From 1st phone call to discharge it was about 4 months.

Comment

1500 the whole ball of wax. Waiting for discharge in eastern michigan district. Just be comfortable with him or he.

Comment

I paid $1300 for our BK7 in Michigan and we were just discharged on 1/31/2011. This included 3 meetings that lasted 90 min each and a follow up meeting that lasted 60 min after our 341
                        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

We paid $1500.00 on a payment plan...great lawyer!...However, he was our second. Wasted $700 on the first who was a complete idiot. Filing fees were separate though. Lawyer who works on payments AFTER the filing is hard to find. I must have gotten very lucky!
                          08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
                          04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
                          06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
                          08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

$1375 for me. Still in process, so that's just the charge up-front. Here's hoping that ends up being the all-inclusive price as well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X