Confused on Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused on Process

Urgh.. I am not liking my attorney. I wish i would of paid people on this board. You guys give me good information.

I recieved our discharge papers on PACER. I thought it was good news but now I dont even know what it means. My attorney said the trustee can come back and claim we have assets. He has until we close... so I have to sweat it out for another 60 days?

How common does a trustee come back after discharge and claim assets.

We owned a s corp and we shut it down and then claimed BK. Company had really no assets. Our concern is the tools. We claim the tools of trade exemption but our trustee said we claimed tools on our business expenses. I am just afraid he is going to take my husbands tools and he needs these to make a living.

Anyone have this experience?

Thanks,

Jennifer

The discharge papers you have are very important, so be happy for them.

It sounds like your tools were owned by the s-corp, it sounds like they were listed as assets, and it sounds like the trustee may have some interest in those assets. These tools remain a part of your bk estate until your trustee either abandons interest in them, or sells them. If the trustee decides that have enough value to sell, you can probably buy them back at a greatly reduced price.

And yes, I have this experience........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X