Discharged !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged !

Now I know that this is supposed to be my goal....and that it is the 'gift' but in my stupid case I'm not sure if it is a good thing or not.

I just saw on Pacer that I was discharged recently. But since my house was abandoned in November and sold (illegally) in December, all those nasty judgment liens that I was going to avoid were paid....out of my HOMESTEAD exemption!

I only had a wee bit of debt....nothing in credit cards, a debt to my sis and had filed the bk so as to keep the home they abandoned by buying out ex's share.

The trustee let the house go instead of trying to sell it...and she is now going after my exempt alimony and retirement. She is also trying to get money back from my loan payments for my investment property that I was told I had to give up back in my ch 13.
    And my ex is trying to say my debt to HIM wasn't fully paid from the sale of the house which was my only non-exempt asset.

The only thing that a discharge might be good for in my case, is, that my homeowner's association was suing me for my complaining that they weren't abiding by our covenants...they never really specified any 'damages' BUT it seems they might not be allowed to continue their 'case' . I had countersued them for damages from their not abiding by the covenants and thereby reducing the value of my home/land that was just sold. So I guess I still get to move forward with my end of the case. (If anyone knows anything re this please advise)

Does anyone know if I can go back and try to avoid the judgement liens that impaired my homestead, even though the house was abandoned?

Can I still bring a complaint that ex violated the auto stay when he took money from my retirement?

Or that the Receiver filed legal action for eviction while the house was still u;nder the auto stay?

is there anything you can think of that makes discharge day a happy day in my case?

OH BOY, I hate to say this, but you really do need legal advice. Timing is of the essence here. Please list and prove all that happened in the time line. That will be the secret you need. Prepare this and take it to you lawyer. Sorry for me on this one. Perhaps JB or one of our lawyer friends. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

There's just so much stuff, too little time, overwhelmed, homeless, clinically depressed, scared to death I won't be able to pay income taxes....need a $120k heart op but had to cancel insurance....just too much.

And I really don't trust much of anyone anymore.

Will find out tomorrow if the local judge is going to throw me under the bus or not. Trying to pick up pieces but have no where to put them.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by CoBelle View Post
        There's just so much stuff, too little time, overwhelmed, homeless, clinically depressed, scared to death I won't be able to pay income taxes....need a $120k heart op but had to cancel insurance....just too much.

And I really don't trust much of anyone anymore.

Will find out tomorrow if the local judge is going to throw me under the bus or not. Trying to pick up pieces but have no where to put them.

Thanks for your reply.
        CoBelle....i have heard your uphill battle since you first came to this site...and my heart just aches for you....you have been through so much...no help from anyone...and you have really been my hero with your intelligence and fortitude.

get to the hospital and go in without insurance and let the government pay for the medical expenses.....of course how can you trust anyone anymore...even your atty's have stunk...

i know it doesn't seem like it, but this will pass.......at least time is free....please hold on...you have been through more than most in 10 life times....

you can do this! and if the bus does hit you...just get yourself up and dust off your shoulders and move on....your close now! of course, and as usual i wish you the best and not being a huggy person...i'm throwing you one just for good measure..)
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

awwww tobee you're so kind to try to cheer me up. I hate feeling sorry for my self, but I can't seem to find the silver lining.
          I'd love to just write these judges letters (since i am pro se ) and tell them what I think of em.
          hahahahahahhaahhaahahah!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X