Am I in Trouble??? Ch 7 Post discharge class issue...input please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I in Trouble??? Ch 7 Post discharge class issue...input please

So, I'm doing my post discharge class...the one after the 341 and as i counted the days .....46.....am i screwed.

Also it is taking HOURS...

My lawyer tells me very little...and i learned about the 45 day limit on this website.....
    Last edited by MP76; 02-26-2011, 08:42 PM.

They extended the time to 60 days effective Dec 1st, 2010 so you're still good.
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by debee View Post
      They extended the time to 60 days effective Dec 1st, 2010 so you're still good.
      OMG...are you kidding me debee....if so....you just made me a feel a WHOLE LOT better...
      I have just finished that course and pretty much LOST it twice during the last 3 hours....

My 341 was on 1/11/11......

Comment

No joke. You're good. Just make sure you get the certificate filed and you're laughing all the way to discharge.

It's in the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure 1007(c). It says, "In a chapter 7 case, the debtor shall file the statement required by subdivision (b)(7) within 60 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors under § 341 of the Code..."

(b)(7) referred to above is this: "An individual debtor in a chapter 7 or chapter 13 case shall file a statement of completion of a course concerning personal financial management..."

It's a bit of a tangle to get to the right bit, but you can unravel it here: http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frbp/rules.htm

Comment

No joke. You're good. Just make sure you get the certificate filed and you're laughing all the way to discharge.

It's in the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure 1007(c). It says, "In a chapter 7 case, the debtor shall file the statement required by subdivision (b)(7) within 60 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors under § 341 of the Code..."

(b)(7) referred to above is this: "An individual debtor in a chapter 7 or chapter 13 case shall file a statement of completion of a course concerning personal financial management..."
          I cannot thank you enough for the information.
          You made a difference for someone today...
          Thank You!

Comment

So did you because I'm happy to help.

Comment

So did you because I'm happy to help.
              You DID!!

Comment

Yay! This thread made me smile!!
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by MP76 View Post
                  So, I'm doing my post discharge class...the one after the 341 and as i counted the days .....46.....am i screwed.

Also it is taking HOURS...

My lawyer tells me very little...and i learned about the 45 day limit on this website.....
                  we took the HOURS to take class...the first one was over 3 hours........the second and final was at least 2 hours....it was awful!!!!!!

yet some on the forum said it took them 15 minutes??? i do not know why? other than maybe they are different for a 7 and 13...also we paid over $100 while others got theirs for either free or a small fee...

debee's correct it's 60 days...we took the class the day BEFORE our 341...
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by MP76 View Post
                    OMG...are you kidding me debee....if so....you just made me a feel a WHOLE LOT better...
                    I have just finished that course and pretty much LOST it twice during the last 3 hours....

My 341 was on 1/11/11......
                    This forum gets me smiling alot. Isn't it great.
                    Wow MP....your 60 days is almost up. Good for you!!!!!
                    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I'm feeling so much love in the room . . . LOL
                      Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Uh oh. Next thing ya know there'll be a Group Hug subforum and the mods will saunter from thread to thread singing, "Kumbaya".
                        Last edited by debee; 02-27-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Karaoke??
                          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

With a guest appearance by the artist formerly known as 50 Cent.

Comment

Suh-weeet!!! So it is fitting that JustBroke keeps welcoming people to Club Sixty....

'In da club' sixty, the artist formerly known as 50 Cent is now known as Quarter. He filed BK too!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X