30 day waiting game, but I want to get a second job good idea? YES / No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 day waiting game, but I want to get a second job good idea? YES / No

So I had my 341 meeting and it ended up, that I'm paying the trustee $2,000 over 8 months so that's $250 a month. I was wondering if I could get a second job on the side to help pay down the trustee faster. Do you think that is a good idea? Is it allowed. Or will that put me in the hot seat.

This BK has really taught me that debt is EVIL and I need to have it paid off ASAP.
    This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
    Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Are you now an asset case? it is my understanding that your case won't be closed until you pay off the trustee. Since you had your 341 and if it is past the 10 days that the US Trustee has to object, I don't see why you couldn't get the job. Otherwise you'd have to wait until you were paid off and closed in 8 plus months. But that's just a common sense answer so please don't rely on it.

Comment

Hi outofdebt,

This BK has really taught me that debt is EVIL and I need to have it paid off ASAP. ...you're catching on fast!

In theory, the extra income should go on schedule I and then you recalculate your DMI....

...but they can't force you to work two jobs. And the whole purpose is to pay the trustee off faster....I seriously doubt you will catch any flak about that!

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I think you are a chapte 7 asset case, so I don't see why you can't. If you were in a chapter 13 it would cause your DMI to be recalculated and then you pay more to the trustee, it is a flaw inchapter 13 in my opinion because it discourages people from trying to make more money for up to 5 years.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X