I Received Returned Mail Notice From BK Court - Citibank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Received Returned Mail Notice From BK Court - Citibank

So today I looked on Pacer and saw that my case was closed on 3/1/2011, but then saw that the Clerk of the BK Court posted a Returned Mail notice to me that said:

In compliance with Local Bankruptcy Rules 1007−1 and 1007−3, it is the responsibility of the debtor to provide
    current mailing addresses for creditors listed on the petition. The address provided to the court is incorrect and cannot
    be used for future noticing purposes. Please submit an amendment to your matrix and a certification of completed
    mailing of the above−noted document to guarantee that due process is served.
    Insufficient addressee(s):

Citibank
    PO Box 6534
    The Lakes, NV 88901

The original notice was sent to this P.O. Box of the Petition, and, the certificate of mailing from the BK Court showed they received it for the petition.

While I'm waiting for my attorney to respond, I figured I would ask you vets that I guess that my attorney will have to dig up this new address, since I have nothing from Citibank since filing? Does this mean that my case will have to be reopened?
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Hi BrokeinMD,

My guess is that the discharge order or something late in the BK mailings bounced and the PACER entry is an auto-response.

Reopen? Good Lord I hope not...

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I got a couple of returned notices too for the same issue you stated and had the same paperwork from the court. My paperwork clearly stated that if I or my attorney did not provide a correct address and re-serve the notice then the debts may or may not be discharged. Since it was my responsibility to find the creditor addresses and provide those to the attorney I made the effort to do the extra work and find the correct ones. It was not my attorney's job to call companies for addresses and account numbers. Some can be confusing as they have moved with no forwarding address and one in particular had actually listed an incorrect address on my credit report. the first notice sent was returned undeliverable based on the credit report and the second was an address for same company where I had found a different address by searching them online. both returned. the never answered calls either. I was frustrated and at the same time had disputed their collection item on my credit report asking them to change it to include in bankruptcy. well to this date i still have been unable to get a correct address to serve them but they have changed the credit report to say included in bankruptcy which was interesting.

Comment

Thanks everybody for your replies. I looked up Citibank, and their new P.O. Box is now 6000. I emailed it to my attorney, and he told me not to worry, they'll take care of it.

Ay yi yi....I'm closed, then this....pfew....I need to find a very low budget friendly place to go chill for a couple of days!
        Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X