Has to be part of the bankruptcy because
    Although I have a budget
    Plan with them... I technically owe them
    $2000.00. I feel very uncomfortable
    Because my cousin works there. She helped
    Me get some money taken off of a service
    Call and got me a discount on oil. I don't
    Think she works in billing but I'm sure it's
    A small office with only a few employees.
    I'm nervous she will be very upset with me
    After her helping me out and then I'm
    Stiffing them for 2k. She isn't a close cousin
    But it still bothers me. I'm aware I could pay that
    Back after the bankruptcy but wouldn't that just be stupid?
    Thanks for reading...

while I understand your concern, the bottom line is your cousin doesnt pay your bills and you dont owe her the money; you owe the oil company money.

If you feel that badly about it, pay it back after your BK is done (i wouldnt...but I'm not you ) - or ask your attorney if you could reaffirm the debt - although be prepared that they may tell you they will not service you any further (which there are laws that prevent that from happening) or they may require a very large deposit upfront if they do continue service. They should just close your old account down and re-open a new account with a new number. This is something you should discuss with your attorney in detail. I believe it will be treated as an unsecured debt in your filing.

Comment

I owe my utility company about $750 and am paying it off on a budget program. I informed the first atty I consulted with, and he said I didn't have to BK on them and confirmed that doing so would make it difficult to get service in the future without a large deposit.

Comment

I'm thinking that it wouldn't be hard to Get an oil company
        To deliver oil cash on delivery. I know one that does that.
        As far as a service contract goes for the furnace...
        Yeah that's prob gonna be a problem. Reaffirming 2000$ is kinda crazy no?

Comment

I agree with Pandora
          They should just close your old account down and re-open a new account with a new number.
          When I filed, I owed my two utility companies, gas and electric, fairly small amounts, under $100 each. I didn't list them since I was planning to pay them anyway. I thought this was something you were automatically stuck with, like taxes:-) However, they issued me new accounts starting from zero, about a week after I filed.

Then I asked and they told me this was standard when anyone goes bankrupt. I'm not even certain how they knew, but there must be some sort of public record.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X