top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BK attorney says I can qualify for 7 in CA no problem..but I don't agree...what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted
    Last edited by mwr; 04-28-2011, 06:28 PM. Reason: two replies got posted

Comment

>I feel like I am being punished for trying to do the right thing<

Welcome to the world of the Means Test. You sound like you have a handle on all this, but be aware that there is another "test" for a Chapter 7, your looking-forward monthly net income (Schedule I) less expenses (Schedule J). If that is positive even $200 (I prefer negative), the U.S. Trustee may say you could afford to pay into a Chapter 13 plan and keep you from continuing with your Chapter 7. I'm also a bit concerned that you're asking detailed questions here instead of asking your bankruptcy attorney. You should have a knowledgeable bankruptcy attorney that you feel a partnership with.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts mwr. I just got a call from the lady that tallies every last thing up this afternoon for the lawyer and I feel more comfortable. We still have some things to go over but should have it figured out tomorrow some time. I just like to get as much information as possible, and educate myself despite anything the lawyer says, so I have as much knowledge as possible.

Comment

The DMI danger range is $117-195.

Check out your insurance policies. This is a legitimate and financially wise way to improve your bk outlook on both the means and schedules I/J. Ample term life on both adults, low deductible high coverage renter's insurance, same with the cars.
          There are two secrets for success in life:
          1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by debee View Post
            The DMI danger range is $117-195.

Check out your insurance policies. This is a legitimate and financially wise way to improve your bk outlook on both the means and schedules I/J. Ample term life on both adults, low deductible high coverage renter's insurance, same with the cars.
            I was thinking that-it is easy to change I have geico I will up everything and I also will get renter's insurance it is pricey if necessary.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X