30 days, 45 days, 60 days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days, 45 days, 60 days...

Our 341 was on March 18. Pacer says the last day for objections is May 1. That's 45 days. I thought it was 60 days. I can't find anything that relates to this 45 day time period. We're in California. Any ideas?
    --------------------------------------------
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Was there a first date for the 341 set before that March 18 date?
    (a) Time for Filing Complaint Objecting to Discharge; Notice of Time Fixed. In a chapter 7
    liquidation case a complaint objecting to the debtor’s discharge under § 727(a) of the Code shall be filed
    no later than 60 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors under § 341(a).

That is the only thing I can think of. If your original date for the 341 was March 18th, then I've got nuthin' ;)
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Nope. March 18 was the date from the beginning. Everything has gone really smoothly with no hiccups or changes along the way.

Here is the actual notice in Pacer: "Notice of Filing Report of No Distribution as Transmitted to BNC for Service. Objections Due 05/01/2011. (Admin) (Entered: 04/01/2011)"

It IS 30 days from the entry date of the No Distribution filing. Could that be related somehow?
      As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Look at the sticky "Ultimate Pacer", the 3 dates are:

WITHIN 10 DAYS AFTER YOUR 341 HEARING
        The US Trustee must file a statement with the court as to whether or not you passed or flunked the Means Test. If the Trustee thinks you flunked the Means Test, within 30 days of filing this statement, he/she can ask the Court to dismiss your case.

30 DAYS AFTER THE 341 MEETING CONCLUDES
        The 30th day is the last day for the Trustee or any Creditor to object to your claims of any personal property. If you have properly listed the asset, you are in the clear after that time. But if you have to amend an exemption claim, the 30 day clock restarts from the time you file your amendment.

60 DAYS AFTER THE 341 HEARING
        The 60th day is the deadline for creditors to claim that certain types of debts - most notably credit cards and nonsupport marital obligations - should not be wiped out. If the creditor fails to file in time, it's too late (for them) and you are home free. The same deadline applies to any claims that your discharge should be denied altogether because of serious misconduct. Either the Trustee or a Creditor could file for this denial (but it is unlikely to occur unless you have serious misconduct

Comment

Yes, I've read this, but it doesn't say anything about 45 days. 30 days after the 341 would be April 17, not May 1st, so I'm still confused.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X