Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer...?

Hi,
    I notice that many of you have a Pacer account. Is it necessaryn to have one? I haven't gotten one yet and am not sure if it is wirth the $. I am happy with just getting my discharge papers in the mail. Would I be safer having one?
    thanks!

It's not necessary, but faster than USPS.

You don't have to pay anything if you keep your quarterly total below a certain level. I forget what that is, but maybe $10 or so. Then they just forgive it (with no tax repercussions ) and you get no bill.

You wouldn't be safer with one, but you would get your info sooner.
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Yes, $10 is the monthly limit for not receiving a bill. If you do go with PACER, learn the ropes using the PACER guidelines found in this forum. And don't get addicted and check it several times per day. Be patient...otherwise it adds up quickly!

Comment

Woops, not monthly, but quarterly. If you don't go over $10 in the quarter, they don't bill you. I've managed to check Pacer and keep it under $10 every quarter by using the handy, dandy Pacer Guide here: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...Guide-amp-Tips and following the tips for checking filing dates
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobertthecat View Post
          Hi,
          I notice that many of you have a Pacer account. Is it necessaryn to have one?

No, it is not necessary.

Would I be safer having one?

No. You will get everything in the mail.

thanks!
          Pacer is just going to get you the information a couple of days faster.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thank you, everyone. I can be patient with USPS.

Comment

Originally posted by bobertthecat View Post
              Thank you, everyone. I can be patient with USPS.
              bob- I admire you - as a card-carrying nervous wreck, I'ver already run up a $35 PACER bill...in one week...guys, don't ask :-)

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                bob- I admire you - as a card-carrying nervous wreck, I'ver already run up a $35 PACER bill...in one week...guys, don't ask :-)
                Oh OH....you do know that there is a ---Pacers Anonymous Organization here---- LOL.
                I know it is hard not to go on a curiosity hunt. You will do better next week...right???
                filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

LOL.

I have a PACER account but only logged on once. Not because I have willpower, not because I am as patient as boberthecat, but because it confused me. I was just too stupid to figure it out and too lazy to read the stickies. I always referred my PACER questions to f2b because she knows her stuff!

My name is debee and I am not an PACERholic.

Comment

Originally posted by debee View Post
                    LOL.

I have a PACER account but only logged on once. Not because I have willpower, not because I am as patient as boberthecat, but because it confused me. I was just too stupid to figure it out and too lazy to read the stickies. I always referred my PACER questions to f2b because she knows her stuff!

My name is debee and I am not an PACERholic.
                    Ahhhh debee.....
                    me thinketh yee are too humble.
                    I think pacer is all about willpower. I WAS going to have my hubby lock my laptop in his truck so i would stay away from pacer that last week b4 discharge.
                    He was too new of a hubby and i didn't want him to see how weak i was so i kept it to myself. ROFL
                    I did keep it under the 10.00 per quarter though. just by sheer luck.

My name is oregon and i WAS a PACERholic.
                    Last edited by oregonpilot; 05-04-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
                      He was too new of a hubby and i didn't want him to see how weak i was so i kept it to myself. ROFL
                      That's so funny. Newlywed behavior. I used to wash dishes as soon as I stood up from supper. Now I leave the dishes and come online. In another 20 years I plan to give up bathing.

Comment

pretty sad huh...i'm turnin 60 this month. You would think i would have learned by now. hehe

40 yrs ago i used to iron my ex-hubbys undershirts AND sheets.

Comment

Better to just let your cat roll around in the sheets. More fun than ironing.

Comment

This is very funny thread :-) But, back to business and PACER, I don't see much if any value in a PACER account unless you're a bankruptcy attorney. Clients/debtors get notified by the court and/or their attorney. I don't think I've ever had a client who had a PACER account or had even heard of it. But then they probably didn't know of this forum, either.

Also, if debee is actually not a bankruptcy attorney, he's missed his calling :-)

Comment

Oregon - er...uhm...no...finally like an IDIOT I actually just saved the name of the other case filed on the same day by my atty so no need to spend SEVENTEEN dollars in one shot...my lawyer files a LOT of cases :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X