Special Notice Request Filed by New Collection Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Notice Request Filed by New Collection Agency

Hey all, Quck recap first - Filed on March 31, 341 on May 6, Notice of 'No Distribution" on May 7. All quiet since then.

Now today on pacer I see a Special Notice Request filed by a new collection agency that must have bought my HSBC CC accounts. Since this is an agency that was not included on the original matrix of creditors do I have to do anything? Is this likely just a request to be included in notices or could it be a prelude to other actions by this creditor?

Thanks so much for any help!!

Since nobody had any answers for you me decided to do a little research of my own. Atlas Acquisitions LLC is a firm that buys and sells Bankrupted and Discharged debt. This is becoming more and more common in the debt collection industry. Since Atlas buys bankrupted debt, and since they bought my two of my credit card accounts, they now want to know if these debts are indeed discharged. Even then they could elect to keep reporting the debts as active to prevent my credit score from improving or even attempt to collect the debt in violation of the law. So, it's probably nothing to worry about right now but is worth keeping an eye out for after discharge.
    Last edited by AidanK; 05-27-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X