top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did your credit score go up or down after filing BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did your credit score go up or down after filing BK?

Back in November I pulled my credit report and my score was 585.

I filed Chapter 7 in December and was discharged in March. Today I got curious and pulled it again. It's up to 627!

I haven't opened any new accounts but am planning on accepting any credit card offers that may come my way, so I can start rebuilding my credit. Just charge a few small items every month, like the power bill, and pay it in full at the end of each month.

I'm also planning on getting a secured credit card through my bank in the next month or so.

Has anyone else found that their credit score went up AFTER filing bk?

We were discharged Chapter 7 in March of this year. I checked my credit score in April and it went up, it was 630. We have not yet gotten any credit cards but will at some point to start to rebuild our credit, we have gotten used to paying cash for everything and will continue that strategy and only plan to use credit cards for emergencies, or large purchases and pay off asap.
    Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
    Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
    DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

Ours went up. Before BK we had a slew of lates and our DTI was laughable. They went from the 550 range up to 650s. Still a far cry from 5-6 years ago but we'll get back on top eventually. I'm not gonna stress over it.
      Filed Chapter 7 - 06/30/2010
      Discharged - 11/18/2010
      Closed - 12/22/2010

Comment

Just check my signature...
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I don't recall the actual numbers, but ours jumped by over 50 points post BK, and I think that actually makes a lot of sense. While our numbers in the mid 600s don't put is into a top category, our DTI is back in line with where it should be, and we have a different respect for credit now and a resolve not to get into that kind of trouble again.
          Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11
          Discharged No-asset 4/1/11
          And definitely NOT an attorney.

Comment

I haven't been discharged as of yet but my score jumped 76 points over the last week and a half with things falling off

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X