341 questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 questions?

My 341 is coming in a few weeks - I'm drawing complete blanks on what I should be doing now?

Do I need:

Current paystubs?
    My hubs has is SS card but it's a laminated copy. His is destroyed. Should we bring something else?
    Bank statements?

The day we have our 341 it's a payday for me. Is it ok to have that money in the bank? I can't really take it out and spend it b/c it's for my mortgage payment that I'm not paying but saving for rent.

Anything else??

Thanks!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

The laminated SS card should be fine - in my district they also take W2 forms - BUT he can go to the local soc security office, and request a replacement card (he'll need other ID - passport, birth cert with drivers license, etc.) and they'll give him a formal SSA receipt showing his name, number, and that he requested a replacement card!!!

Comment

Hi Freddy,

Our attorney had us bring SS card, ID and a copy of the petition....nothing else! He said if the trustee asked for anything else we could provide it then. As for DH not having SS card, ask your attorney what else the trustee will accept.

I wouldn't worry about the paycheck the day of 341, I don't think we had to show anything at all after we filed.

Comment

We brought nothing other than picture id and ss card. I saw other people present letters from the SS office with their ss numbers, paystubs, and passports as proof of SS number. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck, Freddy03! I've got mine in less than 2 weeks! Hopefully we'll be out of there without a glitch in 5 minutes like many people have experienced....

Comment

Drivers license and social security card (mine was laminated as well) should be all. I'd have hubby request a new copy of his SS card just in case - you received good advice above, since SS cards should NOT be laminated, etc.

Paychecks and paydays only matter at time of filing.

As for other paperwork to bring...well, I am an Eagle Scout and believe in being fully overprepared. You can check some of my earlier postings if you want my full opinion. In short, I believe the very best answers at a 341 meeting are "Yes," "No," and "I have a copy of that right here."

Comment

Freddy, You should probably bring what your attorney tells you to bring. Mine had me bring just my driver's license and SS card.

Comment

Freddy

I took a complete file with me. I never used one document. The trustee did ask to see the CMA on my house which my attorney handed him. I was advised just to bring SS and license however, I had high med expenses and was waiting to get questioned.......LOL so I brought proof that I had Crohns disease and figured if I was gonna bring that, might as well bring the rest!

My attorney told me the trustee here in PA never looked at one bank statement, it was amazingly short and simple as pie.

You are going to be fine , take what you feel comfortable with and best of luck !!!!!!
                Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                341 5/23/11
                DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Thanks everyone!

So far my attorney said to bring just driver's license and SS card. He said I could bring a W2 just in case for DH.

I was mainly concerned about having money in the bank at the 341 meeting. I guess that will be ok.
                  "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I wasn't ask about any money. Just answer yes/no to the questions. If you are asked about money in bank (doubtful) be honest and explain your check went in that day and the bills were not paid yet. Oh, alert your attorney so he/she is prepared in case it comes up!!
                    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                    341 5/23/11
                    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X