• Show
Clear All

Fair Credit Reporting Act

A few facts:
    Filed joint Chapter 7, January 2008
    Discharge granted April 2008
    Surrendered our interest in our house
    Did NOT reaffirm the mortgage

How should the bank and credit bureaus be reporting this 3 years later? I don't have any liability, right?

Well, I am not a lawyer for sure nor about to Google that act for the fact of just being worn out. BUT, I believe that once you BKed your credit was scrapped then. The banks (due to their own faults and that of our Government) are foreclosing as fast as they can but are very back logged in their paper work and further back logged in attempting to thwart the laws for the so called new modifications. So, after all, they are 'only human' and working as hard as ever. So your negative reports are probably legal to do, but they now are just getting around to screwing you over for the second time. It is really nothing to worry about since the deep recession/depression we are in and going further into, they will probably get further behind. However, there is good news. Our tax monies have made it up to them and they are quite solvent sitting on our money, not making loans, to the poor (who used to be the middle class) so they are setting pretty with bonuses coming up for better production and faster foreclosures in the future.

I hope I've made it clear that again, you are screwed but professionally. It is the New Fundamental Change we have all looked forward to.

Is my attitude showing? I hope so. 'Hub

EDIT: I like your handle QWERTY. I wonder how many of our now dumbed down generation know what that is or means? Type on in peace.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I do believe it should be included in bk with a zero balance for the tradeline and you may show a foreclosure in the pub records section. I do not know for sure, but even though you are no longer liable, there was still action against the property you owned. Keep in mind that if you are reading a merged report (with all three bureaus "merged together") one or more may have it right and another may have it wrong, so it may require more of an investigation to determine which bureau has it wrong.

Saying "violation of fcra" on the phone will usually get you a supervisor faster than you can ask for one. At least that is the way it used to be.

What about the way it is reporting has you questioning it with regards to fcra?

Comment

It should say
        Balance: $0
        Comments: Included in Bankruptcy. (or some variation).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X