top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting on reaffirm agreement on auto loan ... Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting on reaffirm agreement on auto loan ... Problem?

My husband & I filed for Chapter 7 July 13. We indicated on our petition that we intended to reaffirm the loan on my van. Today is exactly 2 months later, and our attorney still has not received a reaffirm agreement from TD bank. After speaking with our attorney regarding the subject last week, I called TD to inquire. After getting transferred around for 15 minutes, I finally got someone in the bankruptcy department - she explained that they had just received notification of our filing in mid August, and basically one person handles reaffirm agreements and our attorney should receive something shortly, however, I had the feeling of getting the run around. We are current on the loan and have been so since it's inception - my question is this, has anyone had any experience with TD bank in regards to auto loans? I have read here that many banks simply refuse to enter into a reaffirm agreement with debtors in
    regards to auto loans. What happens then? We really need to keep this vehicle, and I am very concerned about the possibility of them repo'ing the car. Advice? Suggestions?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X