top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a creditor's lawyer asked for a copy of my filing documents... should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a creditor's lawyer asked for a copy of my filing documents... should I be worried?

Hello everyone, i logged on to pacer and saw a request from a lawyer to the court requesting filing documents.. I then googled his name and it looks like he represents one of my creditors. is he just fishing for stuff? or is there something else?

Thanks!

Do not worry about that. That is a NOTICE OF APPEARANCE and a request for notice. It is when an attorney, that represents a party in a bankruptcy, "announces" to the court and the debtor that they are the attorney of record for that creditor. The "request for docs" just means that if any documents are sent in the case, then the Clerk should send them to the attorney.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Do not worry about that. That is a NOTICE OF APPEARANCE and a request for notice. It is when an attorney, that represents a party in a bankruptcy, "announces" to the court and the debtor that they are the attorney of record for that creditor. The "request for docs" just means that if any documents are sent in the case, then the Clerk should send them to the attorney.
      You got it. Also, any lawyer at interest can get the whole docket case on PACER himself. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Wonder if it is our old "friend" Mr. Singh from GE Money Bank?
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
          Wonder if it is our old "friend" Mr. Singh from GE Money Bank?
          Hey, that guy gets around. He filed against me for a CC Sam's Club account that was never used. I called and he himself answered. He withdrew the very next day. Good service and very rare. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks all... it's from AMEX

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Hey, that guy gets around. He filed against me for a CC Sam's Club account that was never used. I called and he himself answered. He withdrew the very next day. Good service and very rare. 'Hub
              Same for us Hub. He filed against a Lowes CC and a Belk CC, both GE Bank cards, and neither had been used or had a balance for over 4 years. I wonder if he's a bail bondsman too. No ambulance will ever beat him to the scene.

Comment

I had the same thing for Lord & Taylor, they just want paper work. Was discharged and closed today, Yeah!

Comment

congrats donnao!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks a bunch, I wouldn't mind the hampster dance LOL!

Comment

I'm sure that's coming!!!!

Comment

Cool!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X