top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE: what happens to listed "continue to pay" debts after the discharge when you stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: what happens to listed "continue to pay" debts after the discharge when you stop

I filed single Ch 7 no asset last Dec.
    Discharged in spring.

Continue to pay on mortgage, no reaffirmation.
    Continue to pay on a home security system contract that was listed, no reaffirmation.

Wife recently left, can no longer afford the house, no longer will need the security system once the house is gone.

Though the mortgage debt was discharged, it still shows up on my credit report in full. I'm guessing foreclosure will show up and hit my credit again? I don't believe I'm in any trouble with deficiency due to the discharge though.

Called the security company and they want to keep charging me for the next 4 years. Not sure if I would have to make some sort of amendment, or if it is possible after the discharge has gone through?

Again, everything was listed on the original filing, but I had just wanted to continue paying since I was still living in the home. I called and spoke to the associate who was with me at the hearing and was referred to someone else, so I'm waiting and wondering.

I've seen so many conflicts about whether foreclosure still shows up after the BK, am hoping I can get this all ironed out. It will be the difference between whether I try and push for a short sale or just let it go, I'm thinking.

What happens? The creditor will generally follow their recourse options under your State's non-bankruptcy laws. For real property, that means a foreclosure. For automobiles, that means repossession.

Whether a foreclosure will show in the public record is anyone's guess. I had one home surrendered in the bankruptcy, it foreclosed and sold, and it does not show up in the public record.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X