60 day, last day of objection ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 day, last day of objection ??

Well on my petition it is stated that the last day for objections is 4/24 or today, but Pacer has me 57 days in with 3 to go, which is it? Is it over for objections or are there 3 to go? Any ideas

OOPS ! Should have looked at the calendar, guess I'll get another beer.

Comment

Yep, today is the 22nd.

You still got a couple days to go yet.

Pony up to the bar and have one for me!!
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

LOL Still 24th being tommorow and Pacer will show 59 days, guess just getting anxious to end this episode of my life.

Comment

Have one for me too! I think the last few days are the hardest...typically if someone is going to object they would have already. Keep us posted...we are pulling for you! You will not believe the relief you will feel when the time is UP...

Comment

ok this is a totally blonde question but that is ok because i am.........lol where do you find the exact date of the last day for objection?
            filed 2/6/2006:aggress:

last day for objections 5/12/2006:yes2:

discharged 5/25/2006:yahoo: :clapping:

closed 5/25/2006 :yahoo: :yahoo: :angel: :clapping:

Comment

I'll keep you posted, these last two days are the hardest, been such arelief just reading this forum and venting too, hope it all ends peacefully, thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by rst6pac
                ok this is a totally blonde question but that is ok because i am.........lol where do you find the exact date of the last day for objection?
                When the court mailed you the form B91, there is a section about midways down (Just below the meeting of the creditors section) that says "Deadlines". It should be in there. There will be several deadlines....deadline to file proof of claim, deadline to file a complaint to dischargeability of certain debts, deline to object to exemptions.
                Last edited by aa06a47; 04-23-2006, 06:41 PM.
                Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
                Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
                Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

thank you i hadn't even noticed that in there but i see it now
                  filed 2/6/2006:aggress:

last day for objections 5/12/2006:yes2:

discharged 5/25/2006:yahoo: :clapping:

closed 5/25/2006 :yahoo: :yahoo: :angel: :clapping:

Comment

Day 59, Nothing Negative Yet.

Comment

Hang in there! Will toast you with a glass of wine this evening. I will probably need it, too. Kids have projects due. I need to look at my form from the trustee to see when our deadlines are.

One day, one hour, one minute at a time!

jane
                      Filed: 2/24/2006
                      341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                      Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I don't beleive they will, but at day 59 I am still nervous, just the way it is. CH 7 no asset, just want the whole thing over with. They have 60 days to object thats the law. A creditor can object for a few reasons. This is just the nerves and part of the whole process, being the home stretch and all. Looking forward to a new start, and I'm wiser now I hope.

Comment

Lilpickle,

Most creditors do nothing because of the expense involved.....

A creditor can object to anything........ but must be able to back it up in Court. They file a objection with the Court then they are allowed to dispute everything in an adversary Compaint in Court! This way they have a chance of getting back a partial settlement in Court. Most creditors do not object.... it can be a waste of money and effort especially in a Chapter 7. Many won't object in a Chapter 13 because they know they are going to get part, if not all of it back thru a payment plan. Thus there is no reason to file a complaint and go to all the legal expense......

Hope this helps,
                          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Question... if a creditor was seriously wanting to object to something would they "normally" do it well before the last few days prior to the objection period?
                            Thanks,
                            GaCreditGuy

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
                            BK7 Filed : 01/29/2006
                            341 Completed : 03/06/2006
                            Deadline For Objections: 05/05/2006
                            Discharged : 06/30/2006
                            Case Closed : 06/30/2006

Comment

fellowpoorman,

YOUR ALMOST TO THIRD BASE ...... THEN COMES HOME PLATE (THE CASE CLOSED NOTATION)

HANG IN THERE!!!!
                              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X