No announcement yet.

$3,500 to much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet. I'm just blow away. At this point I'm ready for anyone to do it.

Comment

it might be time to make a few calls and see if you can get a couple of FREE consultations. i don't really know, and this is just me, if i would be comfortable with someone that didn't return calls.

however, remember it's holiday time and maybe she went away for the week??? although it really wouldn't hurt to just interview a few more atty's ?
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

We paid $2,000 in MI...so far been worth it...waiting for discharge in about 20ish days or so.

Comment

We paid just under $1600 for a chp 7, a couple of hiccups (we have out of state rental and husband had a partnership mortgage) but mostly straight forward. Our attorney is wonderful, we did go to the next city over (bigger city more resources) to find him and as it turns out he will file in a much more debtor friendly district. Don't be afraid to look around some more it could be well worth it. BTW, have you tried to email the attorney you are trying to contact? My attorney responds very quickly to emails especially between 5:30 and 6:30 am (I guess this is his quiet time and I have had an answer within minutes whenever I email him during that time frame).

Comment

$3,500 was the price, without filing fees and adding another creditor, for my chapter 13. My bk also was a little bit complicated since I am self-employed. If I had of filed chapter 7, the price would have been around $1,700, with this same attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackgoose View Post
              Hey guys. Thanks for the great feedback. What the heck is wrong with Utah? I'm can't get her to return my calls now? How long do you wait to hear back? It's been 8 days now.
              BG, you know I wouldn't lie to you. 3500 bucks and she won't return your calls NOW? Think again. If she won't woo you now as a "potential", what makes you think she will be better when she has your money?

Ours was $1500 and a miserable job. The going rate that I've observed for a simple C7 has been $1500 to $1800 plus/minus. Go forth and shop. You cannot afford filet megnon for a spam lawyer. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

My attorney has been fantastic and only cost $1500 including fees. So far so good. Good luck!
                Filed: 12/29/11
                341 Meeting: 1/23/12

Comment

If the filer has non-exempt liquid assets that he can't quite spend, then it doesn't matter how much the attorney is (i.e., up to that amount of assets.)

As for the price, it's very high, but maybe it includes representation for the asset disposition? For $1500, my attorney didn't do anything after the discharge, and I was more or less on my own about buying my assets back, with him only giving me a quick telephone consultation about what I could do (and I had to do it directly with the trustee.)

Comment

I paid $1800 for my Chapter 7 in 2009.
                    Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
                    Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
                    Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

HHM makes a very good point with #3, service provided. Find out how much your attorney charges for questions via phone and email. I think I sent about $2k for my attorney but now owe him another $1400 for questions I've asked since filing in July and being discharged in late Nov. Few of my questions really needed to be asked really so be careful here. And I don't recommend asking by email unless it is simple yes or no question. If it is a question to explain something, the explanation might bring on a another question or not really answer my first one. My follow up email for clarification would be another minimum charge. If I had just called instead I could of got a lot more info and questions in that same charge.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X