top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Suggestions for Auto Loan Three Weeks Pre-discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Suggestions for Auto Loan Three Weeks Pre-discharge?

We ended up surrendering one of our cars sooner than expected. I start a new job soon and we need a second car. Has anyone here had luck finding a lender who will finance pre-discharge BESIDES 722redemption.com?
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

We got ads in the mail from car dealer bankruptcy departments offering reasonable terms and conditions for buying a new car. We never followed up on any of them so I can say if there were any hidden traps but they seemed straight forward offers. Others on the forum have reported the same thing. If you haven't gotten these kind of ads, try calling a couple of dealers in your area and see what they offer or if they have a program for people in BK7.
    Chap 7 Non-consumer --Realized headed for bankruptcy Nov 2010 --Started planning BK7 Spring 2011 -- Filed Sept 2011 -- 341 & Continued 341 Meetings Nov 2011 --No Asset Case Nov 2011 --Discharged Jan 2012 --Closed Feb 2012

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
      We ended up surrendering one of our cars sooner than expected. I start a new job soon and we need a second car. Has anyone here had luck finding a lender who will finance pre-discharge BESIDES 722redemption.com?
      Are you in the Northern or Southern part of Ohio? Just wondering because I get alot of advertisement from dealerships, for people that have filed BK, and not discharged yet? The majority of the offers I get, come from dealers in the Northern part of Ohio.
      Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
      Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Check with your attorney first to make sure he is OK with this. Trustees vary.

My understanding, based on a couple peoples' experiences, is that you will get an avalanche of offers, but most will require that your Ch 7 be discharged before they will lend. Grab a few offers and call them for details.

One option would be a "Buy Here - Pay Here" type car lot. You will get a steep interest rate, but they will usually do things that others will not do. Alternatively, you could buy a temporary heap that will get you through the next few months until you can get something better.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions friends.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X