Home Equity Line after BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Equity Line after BK?

So I had a HELOC discharged about 2 years ago. I have been sending in $100/month as we kept the home. I called this year for my interest paid to do my taxes and was told zero. Seems the line was written off and they just apply my payments against principle. Is this normal? I get no statements or anything so I was not aware.

I dont know on a HELOC - but I am paying on my 1st mortgage after discharge (mas also modified after discharge) and I did get a tax form for 2011 taxes paid?

Comment

I hope you thanked them!
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

That only seemed to happened on my HELOC after the bank wrote the balance off.
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Did you continue to pay as normal? I paid $100 as that was about how much I was paying in interest prior so I didnt want to go negative more. Now I hope to refi my 1st mortgage as that is at 6% but 2 years isnt till July

Comment

Originally posted by rck3 View Post
            Did you continue to pay as normal? I paid $100 as that was about how much I was paying in interest prior so I didnt want to go negative more. Now I hope to refi my 1st mortgage as that is at 6% but 2 years isnt till July
            I continued to pay until we were discharged. Then I quit paying on the HELOC. The first time I tried to settle, they wanted more $, but then I waited about another year, and they settled. Our market was still declining at that time.
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

In case someone else ends up in the same situation and wonders, it's 5 years later. I stopped paying the HELOC after I talked with them that first time when they said there was no fees of any kind accruing. I figured if they threatened anything I would start paying again. 5 years and not a word. I know it's still against the home but it will likely stay there until we sell or settle. We did try to refinance after 3 years but the HELOC bank basically blocked it even if I was willing to reconfirm theirs. Basically I am stuck with my mortgage terms until I can pay off the 2nd or have enough equity to roll it into my 1st which I won't do until I am back over 20% equity.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X