top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crediotrs still show balance and will not report IIB, dispuites cam back verified on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crediotrs still show balance and will not report IIB, dispuites cam back verified on

I filed chapter 7 Bankruptcy did a dispute with Equifax saying accounts were IIB as I have some creditors still reporting a balance and not showing IIB. Got the results back and 4 of them still verify as correct and will not update to 0 balance and show iib. Do I fire off a letter to the creditors or Equifax? I am sure they must report this as correct and already lied to Equifax by verifying. All the others updated.

Should have asked first. Would the iib only be in effect one discharged or should show since it has been filed? I am waiting discharge. NO asset case no objections ect.
    Last edited by jeff6898; 03-03-2012, 10:36 AM.

Normally within about a month of your discharge things will start looking better on the reports, once you have the discharge you can dispute the creditors not reporting correctly, sometimes you will need to send in a copy of the discharge to the credit reporting agencies once you have disputed the items to them and they are reported back incorrectly. My reports for the most part did update appropriately once we filed, and then when we were discharged with the final IIB and 0 balance was reporting for everything after the discharge.

Sometimes it has to do with who your creditors are, but I would certainly wait to dispute until your discharge is complete and then you will have your document in hand to fight for the correct information reporting. Keep in mind to these creditors you are not totally done until the discharge is complete as sometimes some people do not get a discharge.

It seems like a long time to wait but in the end everything does generally come together ok.
    Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
    DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

Did you recently file? Your not discharged yet? If not - give it two to three months after to dispute anything. Also never send anything to the bureaus like your BK - only your ID's...... go directly to the creditor to dispute - and don't send them your BK papers either - they know.

Comment

Yes filed 2/2/12 most of the creditors already show 0 balance and iib A lot updated to this as well after dispute. Just 4 of them wont update

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
        Did you recently file? Your not discharged yet? If not - give it two to three months after to dispute anything. Also never send anything to the bureaus like your BK - only your ID's...... go directly to the creditor to dispute - and don't send them your BK papers either - they know.

Comment

They will. Give them time. Each company updates the bureaus at their own pace. If after your discharge they havent updated it then call or write them.

Comment

Technically, until you are discharged, they need not change anything. Don't get confused by the fact that some lenders, as a matter of "internal" policy update early. Legally, debt is not IIB and 0 balance until discharged. So give it some time.

Why the rush?

Comment

No rush. I just thought they were refusing to update out of spite. They were nice enough to update with another late pay though. I didn't think that was allowed during gthe automatic stay either, but I could be wrong again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X