311 meeting over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

311 meeting over!

Had the meeting today and it went well. It was like 5 minutes. He did grill me a little bit about why my spouse didn't file with me and wanted to know if I was hiding assets and that's why he wasn't filing. I just answered honestly and he said I was a no asset case and we were done

Congratulations. Honesty is always the best policy!
    Lawyer - $3000
    Filing fee - $299
    Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the 60 day club!

Comment

Congrats!! Your sixty days will be over in a flash!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by TomTea31 View Post
          Had the meeting today and it went well. It was like 5 minutes. He did grill me a little bit about why my spouse didn't file with me and wanted to know if I was hiding assets and that's why he wasn't filing. I just answered honestly and he said I was a no asset case and we were done
          Is this a normal question all over? I want to be ready for it. My spouse is not filing because I am the one that has been in debt my whole life and my wife hardly any. Good answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Jf24 View Post
            Is this a normal question all over? I want to be ready for it. My spouse is not filing because I am the one that has been in debt my whole life and my wife hardly any. Good answer?
            If its the truth it's a good answer. It makes sense to me
            Jessica
            Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
            Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Jf24, I filed without my husband and the trustee didn't ask me why. There are some very standard questions asked, but there will be variation by trusee and the facts of your case. If you are asked, your answer sounds good to me too. It's what my answer would have been if I were asked.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I think in my case the trustee couldn't see how it was possible that after 10 years of marriage that we would have no joint debt together. The trustee seemed satisfied with my answer. I told the truth so I am not worried.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X