top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An update: I filed. There was a clerical error. No biggie, I hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update: I filed. There was a clerical error. No biggie, I hope?

So, after almost two years of delaying, Monday was the day. Filed Ch. 7. No asset.

But there was a problem with some figures. On the STATISTICAL SUMMARY OF CERTAIN LIABILITIES AND RELATED DATA page, I saw the following:

Average income (from schedule I, Line 16): $3481.55
    Current monthly income (from form 22A, line 12): $3246.83

But those didn't match the numbers on the corresponding forms, which were:

Schedule I, Line 16: $2071.77
    Form 22A, Line 12: $2159.34

I sent a note to the attorney and got the following message back:
    My guess it the computer program failed to update that form when numbers were changed on other forms. But is irrelevant the important thing is the information I provided on the schedules and the means test, which is correct. If for some reason the Trustee asks that it be amended it easily can be.

Does that sound right? I'm thinking it's OK, but thought I'd put it to the peanut gallery test :-)

((I should add, both the correct and the incorrect numbers still put me under the cutoff for presumption of abuse))

This peanut thinks your attorney is right. The top of the form says that it is for statistical purposes only. My layperson interpretation of that is that the contents of the form have no bearing on your case. If the trustee insists it be amended later, that can be done quickly and should be done at your attorney's expense.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

This peanut agrees!

Comment

I guess this girlcat will try to be a peanut--'meow'-'chuft', cough, hiccup, koff, koff,....eeuukkk....

You should get the idea now that all of your respondents think you are okay.

Our very best wishes to you!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

This nut agrees too!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Sometimes, you feel like a nut...
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

...Sometimes you don't!
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks for your opinions :-) I'm resting a little easier now.

On to the 341 on May 21!

Comment

ya'll kill me ... LOL

Comment

When in doubt, you can always check pacer to make sure that the actual filing is accurate.
                    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

I only caught it because I checked PACER :-) It wasn't one of the pages I had to sign, so I didn't see it before. Which ... is a whole nother thing. I didn't realize there were pages I didn't see. But OK, I've seen them now, and that was the only thing that looked wrong.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X