top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALLY GOT paperwork in the mail to review and it is incorrect!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY GOT paperwork in the mail to review and it is incorrect!!

I am soooooooo frustrated I could throw myself off the lovely bridge right down the road.

After all this time - sending information month after month and nothing got done, being asked the same questions after I already sent him the info - the petition arrives 3 weeks after it was supposed to emailed to me yesterdaY.

The letter is addressed to somebody else (form letter not changed) and info like saying that we have a 1,000 cash on hand ( if I had a thousand dollars I would jump for joy)
    and only names typed with no amounts or what credit card the debt related to for debt collectors, I am disgusted!!!!!!

I now have to go over this with a fine tooth comb since such obvious mistakes ( like the spelling of my name) were ignored.

I let the attorney know that I was NOT HAPPY - he only files at the end of the month - I now have to correct all this stuff - especially the house FMV which he left uncorrected - it would make a HUGE difference whether the trustee would take our house and try to sell it!

I have come so far - recovering from the depression that killed my career, getting all the tax stuff filed, up to date etc. once I could mentally do it and now I have to audit this crap.

Everything is very abbreviated - judgements not detailed - taxes that could be discharged are not listed as such - GRRRRRRRRRRH!

ok - somebody please give me words of wisdom so I can calm down and review this piece of ******* document!!!!

THank you in advance!!!

Don't file until you are comfortable with the filing.

And that might mean a lot of corrections, or even a different attorney.

I'll look over some of your previous postings to get a better idea of where you are and what you are up against. But issues like the wrong form letter, incorrect spelling of the name, and home value - those seem important to get correct, and so far it sounds like your attorney (and staff) are not doing a bang-up job of making you feel secure in their services.

Comment

If you are up against a deadline, you will need to go camp in the attorney's office. That is what we had to do, and we literally scanned each page for errors, as the sheets spilled out of her printer.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hang in there Pansy, NO BRIDGE JUMPING!!!!!
        It's going to work out and be worth it in the end. Do as AC suggests---- Get it straightened out, and then consider reporting this dingdong to the State Bar.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Thank you everyone for your replies - I have been copying the petition so I can correct things - the attorney told me to just cross out and initial corrections and get it back to him by TOMORROW! I would think that a petition filed with all kinds of crossouts would not look good to the bankruptcy court - am I Crazy?????

Hey= KS - glad you got back safely-I promise to stay off the bridge for now.

Comment

IMHO, it only makes the attorney look bad, not you. After all you are following HIS instructions.
            I don't think you have anything to worry about.
            Remind me-- are you being sued? Do you need to be filed this month or are you just trying to get it over with?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I have two judgements against me from american express - business credit stuff. I just want this to be over - it's been close to two years that this was in the works.

Made the appt for tomorrow - i'll stay up all night if i have to.

Comment

I am sorry that this is happening but I agree with the above poster, go and camp out at the attorneys office and make him go through each and every correction with you. As if all this is not stressful enough but you pay for someone to handle this stuff and you end up having to do it all yourself anyway!

Comment

Unacceptable practice, sounds like this attorney needs to be reported before he actually hurts someone.
                  Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

As I am going through the paperwork - I am listed as not having a social security number and REAFFIRMING my mortgage!!!!!!!!!

This is Not getting filed today - As I am correcting the paperwork with big red pencil, I would not trust that the dingbat who types this will correct it
                    so we will not sign until I see the corrected petition. Pray that nothing horrible happens in the next thirty days before this gets done.

If I had the gas to drive up to the attorney's office I would but I don't have it- will have to settle to do this by mail.

Comment

sounds like you need a new attorney; I'd fire the one you have.

Comment

ps this is one of the two commonly used attorneys in our area - my hubby caught the other one doing something incorrectly on one of his business dealings so we figured that they wouldn't want to do our case.

It just goes to show you - - thank God I am familiar with forms etc and am very hands on about checking things - this could have been a disaster.

Comment

I would DEMAND that he file it when it is corrected (rather than the end of next month at his convenience) due to all the errors on their part. Glad you caught all the errors, Pansy!
                          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

i have a saying...if someone or something makes you feel that you must act immediately it's you're first indication to halt and stop.

we had the same exact problem. actually, the house we were surrendering wasn't listed but our home from 35 years earlier!!! our ss numbers were incorrect, our names were spelled wrong. i can go on and on and on about this.

look it, i know you have waited for 2 years, wait until the end of june. take your TIME put it down and don't feel pressured. i know i know you just want it over. however, what i would do is this. i would write a certified letter pointing out all the errors and explaining this situation is stressful enough without me having to do YOUR FIRMS WORK, i'm am requesting i have the opportunity to go through this with a fine tooth comb and as soon as i am done, NO MATTER if it's the end of the month, the middle or next week your firm take the exception to their practice and file your petition as it is their fault and responsibility to have the information correct and they have failed to do so.

i know if you went to another they would charge you up front, however, if you haven't paid this firm in full and you have the petition in hand i would seek another atty because this shows you how serious or NOT serious they are about their work...sloppy to say the least.

we had to have a sit down with our firm because they had their "paralegal" doing all our petition work who turned out to be a highschool 18 year girl who wore low cut blouses and had no brain. are you kidding?? i had to do all the work myself and i told the firm NO MORE of these people, i refuse to work with them they have my money and they will complete the job. we had a sit down meeting discussing the matter. i had no further problems. (but that's because i did my petition on a PDF file and sent it back to them completely and just told them file it now. the firm did end up doing a good or excellent job at the 341 but as far as the petition and their cheap unqualified help, there simply was no excuses.

please, again do not feel pressured, you can miss something. you need time to pick it up and put it down for a day or two and look at it with new eyes.

best of luck, i know this has been such a long journey for you.
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thank you, Tobee!!! I agree with all you say - however, I had paid this guy in full last May - we have NO money - I am behind on utilities etc. There's a job that I would be perfect for but I'm doing this stuff instead of redoing my resume!

We haven't paid our mortgage in 1 1/2 years - that going to hit the fan soon - we have no savings and like you don't want to leave our home of 25 years but when I lost my career and business I couldn't keep up the payments or taxes on the house. Where could we live with two cats for free?

Of course, our house isn't going under in a swamp like your poor place - how terrible to lose all the work that you put into the gardens etc.

I wonder if I can type up my own petition - al least it would be done correctly! If I had gotten my brains back sooner I would have filed pro se.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X