top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While you file, do you list your CLOSED as well as ACTIVE accounts during my lifetime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While you file, do you list your CLOSED as well as ACTIVE accounts during my lifetime

Have paperwork in front of me. A little confused. Its asking about my bank accounts. I currently has one active checking account. I use to have 2 more but they were closed 10 months ago. Should I list those????

If you have not had activity that long and left them in a paid in full, I doubt it would matter not to list them. They have nothing to gain and you have nothing to lose on a zero balance. Also they are clear of the 90 day look back as well. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

You need to list any checking, savings or other financial accounts closed within the last year on line 11 of the Statement of Financial Affairs: http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/Rul...B_007_0410.pdf
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        You need to list any checking, savings or other financial accounts closed within the last year on line 11 of the Statement of Financial Affairs: http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/Rul...B_007_0410.pdf
        I stand corrected. LOL. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
          Thank you!!! Regarding the date. It says ONE YEAR from commenment of this fileing. Are they refering to the date I discussed BK with the attorney or do they mean the date I acutually plan to file?

Comment

it's from the date you actually file. not "plan" to, but the date stamped on the petition.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              I stand corrected. LOL. 'Hub
              Not really. Your post seemed to focus more on closed credit accounts. I think you are right that any credit account with a zero balance does not have to be listed assuming you don't have to list payments made within 90 days of filing. At least, I can't find a place to list a closed credit account.

Originally posted by lvmcse View Post
              Thank you!!! Regarding the date. It says ONE YEAR from commenment of this fileing. Are they refering to the date I discussed BK with the attorney or do they mean the date I acutually plan to file?
              Within one year of filing the petition.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I'd be sure the accounts are actually closed. I switched bank accounts and closed a savings and checking account on June 30th and they are still open today. The bank continues to charge me fees on one of the accounts so I listed them in the BK. Same goes for credit cards, make sure they really are closed. I had one on my credit report that I closed years ago, but showed up with an outstanding balance of $1 so we listed it just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
                  I'd be sure the accounts are actually closed. I switched bank accounts and closed a savings and checking account on June 30th and they are still open today. The bank continues to charge me fees on one of the accounts so I listed them in the BK. Same goes for credit cards, make sure they really are closed. I had one on my credit report that I closed years ago, but showed up with an outstanding balance of $1 so we listed it just to be safe.
                  Usually the $1 is a holding amount not real money. Like a place holder. This keeps the account active on the Credit bureau books. 'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X