Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 over!!! In 60 day club!!! Yay!

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say you all were right. It lasted about 5-10 minutes at most. No surprises.

Now we just wait.

Thanks again for all the support!

I do have a question (will be emailing our attorney). We are planning on turning in our truck. Plates are due the end of this month (about $500 for plates) - can we turn it in without missing a payment? Do we have to wait for Ally to come get it?

Also, if we wanted to buy a beater - do we have to wait until discharged - would be cash. Also, we have a 1976 Dodge Chinook motor home, we bought a year or two ago for $1000. Can we sell it or do we need to wait until discharged?

Thanks again!

Lynn

I TOLD YOU SO. LOL 'Hub

You have to ask the Trustee to incur more debt or purchase a high cost item.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congratulations on your successful 341!! Now, what am I going to do with all that yarn??

On the other things, I really am not sure what to advise you to do with the tags. In our state, the tags stay with the person. I am not certain from your post, whether the tags go with the vehicle, or stay with the person.

But it is perfectly fine to purchase a beater. And I think you don't have a problem selling the motor-home. You likely wouldn't get $1000.00 for it. If you can't get a decent price OBO, you could stirp it and sell it for the salvage price. You would probably be ahead there...

Whether you should notify your trustee or not, your attorney can best advise.

When we were in BK, the safe deposit box rent came due, and the price jumped markedly, because the bank changed hands. We wrote the trustee that we emptied the box and cancelled the account. There was no problem, since there was nothing in it except our wills, etc.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        Congratulations on your successful 341!! Now, what am I going to do with all that yarn??

On the other things, I really am not sure what to advise you to do with the tags. In our state, the tags stay with the person. I am not certain from your post, whether the tags go with the vehicle, or stay with the person.

But it is perfectly fine to purchase a beater. And I think you don't have a problem selling the motor-home. You likely wouldn't get $1000.00 for it. If you can't get a decent price OBO, you could stirp it and sell it for the salvage price. You would probably be ahead there...

Whether you should notify your trustee or not, your attorney can best advise.

When we were in BK, the safe deposit box rent came due, and the price jumped markedly, because the bank changed hands. We wrote the trustee that we emptied the box and cancelled the account. There was no problem, since there was nothing in it except our wills, etc.
        Thanks so much!

I know - I need to get some yarn! ha! Luckily (or not) my graduate classes start next week, so that should keep me busy.

So relieved..........

Comment

At the risk of sounding like Hub... (LOLOLOL hahahahaha) I TOLD YOU SO~

OMG - the wedding and everything is gonna be okay now!! Yay for you you guys!! YAY!

PS: Personally, I would wait on the motor home.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

congrats!!!!!!!!!!! you are DONE!

welcome to the exclusive 60 day club lounge....
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I told you too!!!! Great news and I knew you could do it, now you wait! Time to make some solid "new" financial goals and plans for managing and living on cash (a least for a little while right!)....its the best feeling in the world to actually have the money to pay cash...

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!

I know "cash is king" for us now. Not planning on borrowing money, especially credit cards! Just have student loans which will get me thru this last year. My student loans will be enough when they come due after I graduate. ha! I am hoping to get them all paid off within 5 years after I start paying on them.

Thanks for everything! I feel so much better.
                Last edited by basketsbears; 08-14-2012, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Great news and we can't wait to join the club

Comment

I cant resist it either: I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!

Congratulations!
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                      Great news and we can't wait to join the club
                      You will be here before you know it!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post

Congratulations!
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post

Congratulations!

LOLOL. I just LOVE being right and a great 341 story. Just lub. lub. lub. it. 'Hub
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Lynn,

Congrats!! It's a big relief when you walk out of that room without a hitch, huh? As far as the vehicle situation, you should be able to buy a beater. You may want to ask your attorney first. We tried to surrender our one car but we have to wait until we are discharged before the company will do anything. They refused to come get it because it wasn't worth anything but that is probably different in your situation. Ask your attorney and maybe call the finance company if you are allowed right now. I think the company has to file something with the court to come get it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              Lynn,

Congrats!! It's a big relief when you walk out of that room without a hitch, huh? As far as the vehicle situation, you should be able to buy a beater. You may want to ask your attorney first. We tried to surrender our one car but we have to wait until we are discharged before the company will do anything. They refused to come get it because it wasn't worth anything but that is probably different in your situation. Ask your attorney and maybe call the finance company if you are allowed right now. I think the company has to file something with the court to come get it though.
                              Hi,

I have an email out to our attorney regarding buying a beater, and I totally forgot about my student loan (federal - school OK'd it after first being put on "hold", but since all my loans are in good standing they it was OK) that just paid my tuition and am receiving a refund! I was so anxious and she had another case so we didn't talk much at all before or after. ugh! Hopefully OK. Everyone knows what a worrier I am I cannot believe I forgot that. I was so focused on them saying something like - you are a nurse you should be able to work A LOT, or something like that. (A friend of mine is a nurse and filed ch. 13 and said that she was quizzed to the max on that).

Thanks for all the support. I am so glad to have this milestone over!

Lynn

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X