top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

34 days post 341meeting and i just received my discharge letter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

34 days post 341meeting and i just received my discharge letter??

So i check my mail today and see a letter from the US bankruptcy court and my heart jumps into my throat..it's only 34 days after my 341 and i just KNOW something has gone wrong. I open it and lo and behold its my discharge letter! How is this possible? Everything i have read on this forum says it will be at least 60 days before i am discharged..i thought legally the creditors had 60 days to file objections so how can i already be discharged? I even checked PACER and it states i am discharged as of 8/20..should i be worried??

Maybe somebody at the court made a mistake. If that is what happened and it gets caught, they'll revoke the discharge but it shouldn't delay your actual discharge. I don't think there is anything for you to worry about.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Can't complain about good news, but I agree with LIR. there is a mistake as it is law that gives creditors that amount of time. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, im sure it is a mistake but i hope it doesn't delay anything. I have a call in to my attorney and am just waiting for them to get back to me, just wanted to see if anyone else had this experience

Comment

By chance was your 341 continued, or delayed by a month for some reason? If it was, then the clock was ticking from the original date...
          Last edited by AngelinaCat; 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
            By chance was your 341 continued, or delayed by a month for some reason? If it was, then the clock was ticking from the original date...
            I thought of that too. Based on prior posts, that doesn't appear to be the case.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              No my 341 was held on the originally scheduled date of July 17th, it was not continued it actually went very smoothly..my attorney returned my call but i missed it and he left me a VM, basically said they gave me a premature discharge and that they would recind it until the 60 days were complete. The office was closed by the time i got the VM so i never did speak to him directly but i am wondering if my attorney has to call and tell them what hapened or they will figure it out on their own..thoughts anyone? Thanks :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ajsmom513 View Post
                No my 341 was held on the originally scheduled date of July 17th, it was not continued it actually went very smoothly..my attorney returned my call but i missed it and he left me a VM, basically said they gave me a premature discharge and that they would recind it until the 60 days were complete. The office was closed by the time i got the VM so i never did speak to him directly but i am wondering if my attorney has to call and tell them what hapened or they will figure it out on their own..thoughts anyone? Thanks :-)
                I'd just 'sit on it' and do nothing. It is their mistake and after 60 days they will probably just let it stand as is. Worse case condition is they reopen the bk then discharge it in 30 days to make up the difference, but as efficient as bureaucrats are, it just may be ignored. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X