top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? counselling certificate soon to expire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? counselling certificate soon to expire.

http://www.consumerbankruptcycounsel.../cbcp/faq.html I got it here- because it was free for me. Do I need to take the class all over again? I am close to 6 months now- I am delayed because I need to order a duplicate title to my car.

I am also permanent and total disabled- SSDI- so I could exempt out of it maybe.
    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

It MUST be within 6 months of filing. Also, you really need to be sure that "your" District the provider of the class must be on an approved list for that District. Additionally, the second class must also be from an approved provider. Please check with your District.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yeah you have to take it again if you're past the deadline. To get a disability waiver, you'd have to show that you are "so physically impaired as to be unable, after reasonable effort, to participate in an in-person, telephone, or internet briefing". 11 U.S.C. 109(h)(4). 'Disabled' for SSDI purposes, standing alone, won't be enough.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Thank you! I feel that taking the class triggered more collection efforts.
        Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

We took our class July 2007; we filed BK the last business day of December 2007, namely Dec. 28, 2007. We had no idea that there was a deadline... that is how ignorant we were...
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X