top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing for Ch. 7. Where to declare statement of intention for apartment lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing for Ch. 7. Where to declare statement of intention for apartment lease?

I am finalizing my bankruptcy papers right now, and plan to file in a week to two weeks. I currently live in a rental apartment, and I want to make sure that the lease is not rejected in the bankruptcy. (I am current on the rent, and happy with the apartment). How, exactly do I do this? I have listed the lease on Schedule G (Unexpired leases and executory contracts), but I do not see where to declare the intention to reaffirm. The Statement of Intention form appears to only deal with secured property, and leases on "personal property", which I assume is not real estate?

Any advice on what I form(s) I need to use?

I did a search on google with How do I keep my apartment lease in Chapter 7.
    A site called Avvo had some opinions. I liked the one from the first attorney.

Comment

I have filed both chapter 7 and 13 and I know I put them down as my current address but I don't remember either complex being notified or having to put the lease down. Is this something new?
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X